Jackson Amplifiers/Cabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Amplifiers/Cabs

I recently came across this CL item http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/1271275722.html.

Can you please shed some light if this is somehow related to the Jackson/Charvel company or just another brand with a similar name/logo? I was not aware J/C made anything but guitars/basses.

Thanks

I don't know if this in particular is legit, but they did make amps and cabs.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The head's a good deal at $175, the cab notsomuch at the same price...

I think the heads are re-branded Laneys (ala the AOR 50), which would be about $200 - $300 depending on condition...

The cab (with speakers) is worth anywhere from $100 to $150 tops...that open grill allows all sorts of crap onto the speakers, FWIW...mine are nice-n-beer soaked from the previous owner, but the cab itself is well made...
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

They're legit from the pics. I'd say Either one, head or cab, is a decent deal. The wide grill does let a lot of stuff get to the speaker but you can put a grill cloth over it and fix that. Heck there's a pair of 212s in the Classifieds right now asking $500 for the pair. So a 412 for $175 would be a deal - though again, I'd offer $150. Offer $100 and the guy's just gonna be pissed.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have one of those cabs at my practice space, and use it at local gigs. To the best of my knowledge, the speakers are Eminence if black, and Jensen if red. I'd agree with the seller that it's a very solid cab, and does handle the low end quite well. Nothing special, but a good all-around cab and quite a conversation piece.

I always thought it'd be funny to have an Ibanez head and Jackson cab, or vice versa.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X