Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had a major rage episode.

Holy shit man, that was kinda scary.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I have had, in the past, some issues with episodes of rage where I actually kinda lose it. Normally I'm a pretty easy going guy, but it seems that sometimes, something gets a hold of me. My nickname used to be Rage-a-holic. Fortunately, over the years, I've learned to control myself extremely well. However, although much less frequent, I still have an episode once in a while.

Here's a perfect, but extreme example. I just walked into the kitchen to grab a beer. First, I notice that the cat has opened the screen door. Then, I notice there are two flies buzzing around my kitchen. Then I notice that the ants we thought we got rid of a few weeks ago, are back in full force, and all over my kitchen. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm a bit of a clean freak, and that insects, especially in my house, get me more than slightly irritated. So, I'm standing there surveying, and absorbing all this, when I feel this tide come over me. It's like being suddenly flooded with black toxic liquid that seeps in through my feet and fills me up. I was completely and irrationally angry and felt like I was going to literally explode. My heart was pounding like a jackhammer. This was the worst I've remembered it.

Fortunately, I was able to check myself. I cleaned up the ants as calmly as possible, cleaned the counters, killed a fly, grabbed a beer, and went out to the garage to smoke a bowl. I still feel all cranked up, but at least the THC is taking it down a couple of notches.

I wouldn't normally tell people on the internet something like this, but I feel okay doing it here since I've known many of you for so long now. Hopefully you don't think I'm a freak or something.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Well that's normal for some people, and I'm glad you can control it now. I have depression so I smoke for that, always works.
    Originally posted by Hellbat
    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

I get that too. I can take a lot of shit but when i blow a gasket,its over. Look out. Then i feel like an idiot later after i cool off.

Comment

As long as you can control it I don't see it being an issue. As long as you aren't dependent on the THC to control it, then it shouldn't be an issue.

I red zoned once when I was in elementary school where another kid got physical with me, pinning my face in the sand to where I couldn't breathe. I don't remember what happened next but he was off of me lying under me with me choking him out and a teacher was pulling me off him. I sat in her classroom for 2 hours with her screaming at me about the words that were coming out of my mouth while I was choking the other kid. I had no recollection of saying anything nevermind how I got from him smothering me to me choking him. Ever since I've avoided conflict and anger whenever possible.

The THC helps there though...
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I think using THC to control your anger is far better than medicating with a prescription. I like beer, but if I could only pick one or the other it would be cannabis. My wife keeps telling me I have anger issues. I stay cool with out smoking but if I am torqued up smoking is a great diversion.

Comment

better to burn one than break something or beat someone. im usually very relaxed & easy going but there are times im known to do really dumb shit when im pissed off.

Comment

Zeegs, you don't turn green and really, really buff every once a blue moon, by any chance? No reason of asking.
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                Hopefully you don't think I'm a freak or something.

I've never not thought of you as a freak! :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beer and weed should help calm you down. Or at least forget about things for a little while.

Comment

I break things all the time. Most recently I smashed my cordless phone on the floor because my computer would not pick up a fax that was incoming. It was a very important paper I needed and the stupid thing wouldnt pick up until finally my answering machine picked it up after 6 rings. Tried it again with the same results. I was quite pissed. I used to break furniture and stuff while watching the Jets games so I had to stop watching them. I just came very close to smashing my gps on the floor because it didnt have Six Flags Great Adventure listed in the POI section. It feels good to break things sometimes.

Comment

Sounds like I'm in good company.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        Sounds like I'm in good company.
                        No, Now you are!!!

Rage..what's that??? :think:
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I had this bad when I was a kid. I still occasionally smash something, but usually it's pretty calculated and thought out. "Would I feel better if I just smashed it?"

Usually when the answer is "Yes!" it turns out I'm wrong in the end.

Comment

What's your best distance when kicking the cat? I don't have a cat anymore but I've done 12-15 feet before. I like it when they spiral like a football.
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

It's really stupid, but when my teams don't play well or tank, I come unglued. There's 5 holes in my bedroom wall since last november. All Jet, Ranger, and Yankee related.
                              It's so silly, but I have to scream or swing a lacrosse stick at the couch, or punch something. the loud noise always makes me feel better. And before I cleaned up, it was bad, but not like it is now. It's really childlike but I like it. I can't do anything else, so why not freakout? I'm not hurting anyone besides my house-lol
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X