Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Walter Cronkite

RIP Walter Cronkite

I know he's been in my living room for years, and will be missed!!!!
    92 years of life is pretty darn good.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Now he's gone.??!!

Well 92 is pretty fuggin' good. I'll prolly never see 62..

what was his sign off..Oh yeah..

"That's the way it is"..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The last of the genuine reporters... RIP.

Comment

He was the man... God rest his soul!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

RIP! Walt you were the real deal.

Comment

RIP
            Was a great journalist and Anchorman, indeed he was.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Eh, not a fan. He took advantage of his position as "the most trusted voice in America" to color the news with his political views- the most famous being the declaration that the Tet Offensive showed that the Vietnam War was lost, despite the fact that it was a military disaster for the Viet Cong.

Years later there was a documentary with some old Viet Cong bigwigs who said that his declaration was absolutely critical to their effort in the war.

I don't want to start an argument about Viet Nam or anything else, but it's important to remember that it's the "trusted voices" that sometimes need to be scrutinized most carefully.

Also a proponent of "world government", whatever that means. Became quite the vocal activist post-retirement, which essentially validated the criticisms of his slanting of the news pre-retirement. He claimed no political leanings one way or the other when he was working, declaring that those accusing him otherwise were way off, but immediately upon his retirement he went way hard left with his advocacy.

Still, a part of American culture, and deserves to RIP.

Comment

i have heard of him but as a brit i have never really seen his work.
                no sig.....

Comment

Working...
                X