No announcement yet.

coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee sure helps. I felt tired today, and had a driving test coming so I drank a cup of joe and ZOOM.
    Originally posted by Hellbat
    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Coffee itself is good stuff ... but the sugar + cream that people usually add to it is not

So if you drink a lot, please do yourself a favor and drink it black... it's the Metal way of drinking coffee

As for caffeine... that really depends. As a general rule, good quality coffee and tea actually don't have that much caffeine... it's the cheap crap like Starbucks that has TONS of caffeine, because these are low grade coffee for people rushing to work... so they need / want the morning jolt, which is fine.

I personally can't stand American style coffee... it's too burnt and too sour. When I drink coffee (which is rare), I go to boutique coffee shops that brew European style coffee fresh for each customer (rather than have pots that have been heated all day and are therefore burnt)

The coffee shop I usually go to (when I feel like coffee) actively discourages customers from adding anything to the freshly brewed black coffee... sometimes results in interesting exchanges ...

I drink MASSIVE amounts of tea though
      Basically brewing Taiwanese High Mountain Tea non-stop around the clock. (drinking it as I type this) Hard to find good quality whole leaf tea in North America, so I used to import the good stuff directly from Asia... but a friend of mine recently opened a high end tea shop close by, so now I got a good supplier to get my fix from

- Leo.

Comment

Yeah I am a tea guy too. I love the smell of coffee but do not like the taste. But for me for tea it's pretty much all Earl Grey. Some Chinese herbal teas are very good though too. The only problem is I can't drink hot drinks in the summer.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Just wondering if Atomic has calmed down yet.. I still need my parking lot striped.

Comment

iii'mmm jjjjjjjjjjusssssssst fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnne mannnnnnn , thnnnnnnnnnnanks for askkkkkin, did it again this aaaaa.m., where's your parking lot?-lol
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              iii'mmm jjjjjjjjjjusssssssst fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnne mannnnnnn , thnnnnnnnnnnanks for askkkkkin, did it again this aaaaa.m., where's your parking lot?-lol

Comment

Of all the shit I've stuck in my system over the years, coffee and smokes are the only two things I have trouble shaking. No pun intended but WTF!

I have been drinking coffee in the morning since I can remember. Before I was age 5. I began smoking around age 8. Everyone said both will stunt your growth. Thank goodness. I'm fuggin 6' 5" when I can stand up straight. Imagine how tall I coulda/woulda been if I didn't smoke or drink coffee.

I rarely do the high octane shots from the machines. I REALLY like Folgers Columbian Roast. It is some strong shit for being a shelf brand, canned deal. It smells like cat piss when it's brewing. But it sure knocks the shit out of the morning head fog in a hurry. Not sure WTF Juan Valdez and his boys are puttin in that can. Don't care either. Just keep it coming!

Also, Bunn coffee makers fuggin rock! The Timex of coffee makers. 5+ years of 3-5 times a day service and still going strong. Can't kill the damn thing. But we do keep a brand new one as a spare, just in case.
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
                  But we do keep a brand new one as a spare, just in case.
                  I thought I was the only one that did that.

Comment

need to get your hands on some cuban coffee shots

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
                      I thought I was the only one that did that.
                      We don't have a new one but we do have 3 fully functioning old ones. My mom hates using a coffee maker for more than a couple years.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

my wife is a barista so we have a couple of coffee machines and a variety of percolators, dripolators, plungers & other paraphenalia around the kitchen. I usually drink instant

Black, of course. It's the Metal Way
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Coffee? Eh, maybe once or twice a year I'll drink it. I can drink it black with no problem, but I like it a little better with milk and sugar. I prefer tea, but I rarely drink that either.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            Black, of course. It's the Metal Way
                            Metal coffee shop anyone? I think we could give Starbucks a run for their money.
                            " You wan't your coffee black, black or black?"

Comment

Coffee will give me a boost, but it runs out too quickly, then I'm even more tired. I go thru at least 10 cuppa teas a day. If I don't have at least 1 just before leaving, I don't leave the house.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew! The coffee from the Kiss Coffehouse in S.C. is pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X