coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
    Metal coffee shop anyone? I think we could give Starbucks a run for their money.
    " You wan't your coffee black, black or black?"
    Duncan Hills coffee!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

AND SCREEEEAM FOR YOUR CREEEEAM!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
      I REALLY like Folgers Columbian Roast. It is some strong shit for being a shelf brand, canned deal. It smells like cat piss when it's brewing.
      That's why we switched to Maxwell House for our "daily" brew.

On weekends (and when we feel like it), we'll drink fresh-ground, usually flavored (hazelnut!) coffee. There's a coffee place in Tenn. (Raphael's Coffee) that does small-batch roasting, great flavoring, and the price is no more than mail ordering other coffee (since the local stores only carry Whorebucks as an "exotic brand", we mail order any non-mass-produced coffee).

Dunkin' Donuts coffee is actually pretty good - if you brew it yourself. The DD stores around here are all owned by Third-World inhabitants that I *swear* use the grounds more than once for each pot. And if you ask for milk/cream in it, they put so much you get warm brown half and half

I'm not addicted to coffee - I'll live if I don't get a cup in the morning. But I do enjoy it!

Since anytime I travel a long distance I like to drive at night, coffee is the drink of choice. One jumbo cup of joe, one 20oz. Jolt (with extra sugar AND caffeine) and I'm good for an all-nighter.

WarPig____________________________________________
      "Live every day as if it were your last...
      ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Coffee? Eh, maybe once or twice a year I'll drink it. I can drink it black with no problem, but I like it a little better with milk and sugar. I prefer tea, but I rarely drink that either.
        Of course, I'd rather have BEER - but most employers frown on that sort of thing. And there's not a lot of good breakfast beers out there anyway.
        ...one day it will be."

Comment

Breakfast beers... now there's an idea!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does anyone else hate Starbucks? I'm guessing Warpig does. I sure do. Tastes like a pot that's been left on for 6ish hours and is gross black or with cream and sugar. Tim Horton's has really good coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. I work on the same lot as a Tim Horton's so I eat there whenever I have 8 hour shifts. 5 bucks gets you a coffee/pop, a doughnut and a sub sandwich. Plus there's boxes of 20 Timbits for $2.50 so I usually pick one up once a week.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I'm within 150 Yards of a starbucks here at the shop and still don't go. I'd rather drink re-brewed grounds than give them 5 bucks for something that tastes like my socks and a server that has the same personality. Besides you stand in line behind some yuppy that takes 30 minutes to decide what flavor they want and if they wanted shaken or stirred. There is a little independent coffee shop in the historic district here that isn't too bad and there is one about 4 blocks away that bring their house instruments to me to be serviced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                Does anyone else hate Starbucks? I'm guessing Warpig does.

Why Ben, whatever gave you THAT idea?

Yeah I agree with ADTGuitars - overpriced, overbrewed, too long to wait... that's why we do the home brew. For the price of two cups of coffee at Whorebucks, I can buy a whole pound of fresh-roasted.

If there was a Tim Horton's here, I'd go there. I've heard nothing but good things about the place. Unfortunately, the only one I know of is in Scarborough Maine, which is about seven hours away...
                ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
                  Why Ben, whatever gave you THAT idea?

Yeah I agree with ADTGuitars - overpriced, overbrewed, too long to wait... that's why we do the home brew. For the price of two cups of coffee at Whorebucks, I can buy a whole pound of fresh-roasted.

If there was a Tim Horton's here, I'd go there. I've heard nothing but good things about the place. Unfortunately, the only one I know of is in Scarborough Maine, which is about seven hours away...
                  Geez you won't drive 7 hours for coffee.. might as well switch to decaf...

Comment

Geez you won't drive 7 hours for coffee.. might as well switch to decaf...
                    I suppose I *could* make a career of driving to Tim Horton's:

7 hours there,
                    + 1 hour to enjoy some coffee and baked goods,
                    + 7 hours back,
                    + 2 hours to calm down from having to drive on some of the most congested, a-hole driver infested roads in the Northeast,
                    + 0.5 hour in the crapper (catching up on reading material),
                    + 0.5 hour to fall asleep,
                    + 6 hours sleep,
                    ____
                    24 hours...

...then up and back on the road for my next cup.

Shoot me now.:ROTF:
                    ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Breakfast beers... now there's an idea!
                      Bud is a good breakfast beer. I wouldn't touch it otherwise - but for a "before Noon" brew it's just light enough and sweet enough to fit the ticket. Coors is another good "start-your-day-off-right" beverage.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Note: Kids, do not try this at home! Breakfast drinking was done on a closed course, using professional drinkers.
                      [That's somewhat the truth: the Bud was at a Polish wake, downing pitchers at 10 in the morning; the Coors was on some of our wilder camping trips on the Outer Banks of North Carolina].
                      ...one day it will be."

Comment

It's the Henry Ford approach to coffee for the masses. "You can have any color you want so long as it's black." Seemed to work well enough for him. You might be on to something! :idea:
                        In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
                          It's the Henry Ford approach to coffee for the masses. "You can have any color you want so long as it's black." Seemed to work well enough for him. You might be on to something! :idea:
                          Or as in the movie Airplane,

"I like my coffee like I like my women... Black."
                          Originally posted by Hellbat
                          Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Metal coffee shop anyone? I think we could give Starbucks a run for their money.
                            A coffee shop that only serves black coffee, and only plays Black Metal over the PA

- Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFriedmanIsMaster View Post
                              Or as in the movie Airplane,

"I like my coffee like I like my women... Black."
                              Don't quote me, but surely the scene was:

Young Boy with Coffee: "Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee."

Little Girl: "Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you." [takes coffee]
                              Little Girl: "Oh, won't you sit down?"

Young Boy with Coffee: "Cream?"

Little Girl: "No, thank you, I take it black, like my men."

And please don't call me Shirley
                              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
                                Don't quote me, but surely the scene was:

Young Boy with Coffee: "Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee."

Little Girl: "Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you." [takes coffee]
                                Little Girl: "Oh, won't you sit down?"

Young Boy with Coffee: "Cream?"

Little Girl: "No, thank you, I take it black, like my men."

And please don't call me Shirley
                                You sir are correct, I guess my memory is failing...:think:
                                Originally posted by Hellbat
                                Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Working...
                                X