No announcement yet.

RIP Marcel Jacob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you 100%, Rich. It was his decision entirely and I can imagine the feelings that must have preceded his choice. No judgement here, man, I just wish he had felt there was an alternative. Again, RIP to Marcel.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

GREAT bassist!! I don't say that about too many bass players..he was definitely a monster player!!

That's a shame, what a major loss!

RIP Marcel
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Suicide is subjective. Some say cowardly, and I agree 100% in certain situations..like when your stupid gilrfriend breaks up with you...or some dumb shit.

But if it's a terminal health issue that'll only get worse. Suicide is the ultimate act of bravery. EX; you have cancer..you have family. Now, myself have other heath issues and will never be a burden to my family. My role as a father/husband is the abosolute opposite of that. Why wither away and suffer, making your loved ones suffer too. When your quality of life is to the point you can't wipe your own ass, shit all over yourself and have your spouse clean you everday. Well, no fuggin' way that's going to happen. Death won't be knocking on my door, I'll bang on his if that bridge was on my horizon. So, I will go out with dignity, and not prolong the suffering or burden of my family. I will shave, get dressed up nice, have my favorite music playing, take my pills, lay down on my sofa with feet together and hands crossed..and go to sleep. Hopefully with a smile on my face.. I'll do it my way. The ultimate control of your destiny and dignity.

My wishes are as follows.

Call our family funeral home and cremate me...as cheap as fuggin' possible.

No obituary

No service

Take my ashes and do whatever you want or think I'll like with them. I always wanted to go to Europe or Norway..or some shit. If my kid ever goes there..he can let me blow in the wind. Hopefully the wind is blowing away from him..so he don't look like a powdered donut with a face full of me. But that would be kinda funny..he knows I would prolly laugh at that shit.

But that's me. I have LOTS of friend that did themselves. That's pretty common in the police department. Mostly because of alcohol..that shit get's me so mad. But there was one friend that I could completely understand.. He was a very well liked Captain. He lost his first wife to cancer. He did the best he could and got remarried. All of his children were grown, married and moved away and doing well. But his youngest son who stayed with him dies from some disease and was burried next to his first wife. Well, he wanted to join them. The pain of that loss was much too great to live with. So he drove to their gravesite, and pulled the trigger. He's burried with them now. I don't think he's a coward at all. But I'm still pissed at a few friends that left me, they could have talked to me ..goddammit!

my perspective.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Suicide is subjective. Some say cowardly, and I agree 100% in certain situations..like when your stupid gilrfriend breaks up with you...or some dumb shit.

But if it's a terminal health issue that'll only get worse. Suicide is the ultimate act of bravery. EX; you have cancer..you have family. Now, myself have other heath issues and will never be a burden to my family. My role as a father/husband is the abosolute opposite of that. Why wither away and suffer, making your loved ones suffer too. When your quality of life is to the point you can't wipe your own ass, shit all over yourself and have your spouse clean you everday. Well, no fuggin' way that's going to happen. Death won't be knocking on my door, I'll bang on his if that bridge was on my horizon. So, I will go out with dignity, and not prolong the suffering or burden of my family. I will shave, get dressed up nice, have my favorite music playing, take my pills, lay down on my sofa with feet together and hands crossed..and go to sleep. Hopefully with a smile on my face.. I'll do it my way. The ultimate control of your destiny and dignity.

My wishes are as follows.

Call our family funeral home and cremate me...as cheap as fuggin' possible.

No obituary

No service

Take my ashes and do whatever you want or think I'll like with them. I always wanted to go to Europe or Norway..or some shit. If my kid ever goes there..he can let me blow in the wind. Hopefully the wind is blowing away from him..so he don't look like a powdered donut with a face full of me. But that would be kinda funny..he knows I would prolly laugh at that shit.

But that's me. I have LOTS of friend that did themselves. That's pretty common in the police department. Mostly because of alcohol..that shit get's me so mad. But there was one friend that I could completely understand.. He was a very well liked Captain. He lost his first wife to cancer. He did the best he could and got remarried. All of his children were grown, married and moved away and doing well. But his youngest son who stayed with him dies from some disease and was burried next to his first wife. Well, he wanted to join them. The pain of that loss was much too great to live with. So he drove to their gravesite, and pulled the trigger. He's burried with them now. I don't think he's a coward at all. But I'm still pissed at a few friends that left me, they could have talked to me ..goddammit!

my perspective.
          +1

Very, very good post!

Proves once again why I luv the BillZBub so much. Can joke and mess around with the best of them, but has a clear, rational, open and completely enlightened and intelligent view on most things.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
            +1

Very, very good post!

Proves once again why I luv the BillZBub so much. Can joke and mess around with the best of them, but has a clear, rational, open and completely enlightened and intelligent view on most things.
            I agree with Bill 99% of the time, and I basically agree with this post until we get to the last paragraph. The officer had obviously been dealt a few ridiculously tough blow...blows that I hope I and all of you never have to deal with. That said, he was not terminal and most likely had a lot to offer had he not chosen to end it all. Grief IMO is absolutely no excuse to take your own life. Maybe there's more to the story (mental illness?) but as it was told, I have no respect for how he chose to deal with his issues.

No disrespect meant in this post...this is a serious topic and I'm just shooting straight.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

See, that makes perfect sense for you...you have a killer wife to ride the waves, with your boy, after you're gone. My ex bailed on us almost three years ago - if I go out under my own hand, my angels are left to whom? A woman who left them(and moved across the country) and wants nothing to do with them and who may take them because she's legally obligated as their mother...no thanks.

I'd prefer to go out fighting (and shitting my pants) with my kids on my side as I sing "Light Up The Sky" one final time, than give that whore one undeserved minute with my kickass children. That, to me, is the ultimate act of bravery.

I still love you, Bill.
              Last edited by Top Jimmy B; 07-24-2009, 11:28 AM.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                I agree with Bill 99% of the time, and I basically agree with this post until we get to the last paragraph. The officer had obviously been dealt a few ridiculously tough blow...blows that I hope I and all of you never have to deal with. That said, he was not terminal and most likely had a lot to offer had he not chosen to end it all. Grief IMO is absolutely no excuse to take your own life. Maybe there's more to the story (mental illness?) but as it was told, I have no respect for how he chose to deal with his issues.

No disrespect meant in this post...this is a serious topic and I'm just shooting straight.
                You don't think the loss of his wife to cancer, then his youngest son to another disease, might have induced the mental illness of depression? That is a no-brainer to me, but then I've lost a lot of loved ones to death and do suffer depression, so maybe it's easier for me to see it.

Until you've actually lost those loved ones, you really don't know how it feels or how you will react. Believe me, it varies a lot even within a family as to how the members react to the loss.

It's a sad story, but I don't judge that man for what he did, nor do I judge Marcel. I hope they both R.I.P. and I feel for their friends and families.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Depression is an illness that although it is not terminal it often ends in suicide. I have learned to accept it, but I will always have a hard time understanding why my nephew took his own life in 2006. He was 18 and going through some health issues (he was 6'2" and weighed 108 when he died) and like most of us at 18 he was thinking about what he was going to do with his life. There were probably other things going on that he didnt talk about as well. The sum of his problems manifested themselves in the form of a deep depression that seems to have plagued many of my brother in-laws family (my b-law's brother committed suicide in HS). In the end he got to the point where he saw no other way out. I dont think that he or Marcel were cowards for what they did. I do hope that any of you or anyone else who may be in a similiar cituation would reach out for help. The peace that can be found in life is much better than that found in death. Hopefully Marcel has found peace now.
                  Last edited by Jason1212; 07-24-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                    Depression is an illness that although it is not terminal it often ends in suicide. I have learned to accept it, but I will always have a hard time understanding why my nephew took his own life in 2006. He was 18 and going through some health issues (he was 6'2" and weighed 108 when he died) and like most of us at 18 he was thinking about what he was going to do with his life. There were probably other things going on that he didnt talk about as well. The sum of his problems manifested themselves in the form of a deep depression that seems to have plagued many of my brother in-laws family (my b-law's brother committed suicide in HS). In the end he got to the point where he saw no other way out. I dont think that he or Marcel were cowards for what they did. I do hope that any of you or anyone else who may be in a similiar cituation would reach out for help. The peace that can be found in life is much better than that found in death. Hopefully Marcel has found peace now.
                    A previous suicide in the family could have cast a real shadow over that family.

My mother committed suicide in 1983 by stepping in front of a car, after numerous attempts by medication overdose in the 14 years since my dad died of a heart attack in 1983. she was lucky enough to survive initially, then see a priest, who heard her confession and heard her last rites. She seemed to stabilize, but then her heart6 stopped and after a period on life support, she died.

Because of that history, not just the suicide itself but the attempts that led to it, my sisters will not listen to any talk of depression. The last timne I told my sister I was thinking of it, she asked me what kind of flowers I wanted at my funeral.

It's not as if I've expressed it to her a lot, it was the first time in probably 25 years I expressed the feeling. But that's because I already knew the reaction.

So Jason, I guess my point is that perhaps, like me, your nephew may have felt he couldn't talk about it, due to the way his side of the family might have reacted to the previous suicide. I know that it has kept me from talking about those impulses for many years - that, and the "coward" kind of comments that people are quick to spout when they hear it.

The subject does produce visceral reactions all across the spectrum, I'll say that!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Not going to add into the suicide conversation, I said my bit, and i'll leave it at that.

But this is a nice read.

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                        Not going to add into the suicide conversation, I said my bit, and i'll leave it at that.

But this is a nice read.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=124187
                        yeesh..some of that sounds too close to home.

Comment

Working...
                        X