Nevermore/Beksinski connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermore/Beksinski connection?

I'm sure many of you here are familiar with Zdzislaw Beksinski's art. Even though I'm not sure how to pronounce his first name he is one of my very favorite artists.

So today I was looking at this picture he made back in 1979, and I would like to ask you - especially Bill Z. - to pay extra attention to what is written on the balloon

"This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Is it just me, or do most names like that sound like speaking backwards?

Interesting artwork, though I've never heard of the guy.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

One of my favorite artists. I have some of his books. My brother got me a book of his from Poland.

He was killed in a stabbing in 2005.

Zd-jees-woff Bek-sheen-ski is how you'd pronounce his name.

His original art is very expensive, usually starting at $25k per painting and up.

Comment

Cool painting. I know the band usuaslly uses Travis Smith for his seam-work style art.

Since, that's from 1979..the first things that comes to mind is "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe..Nevermore. I never asked, but I assume that's what inspired Warrel and crue for their name. He loves to read the same kinda shit I do..

EDIT..Typing in a pitch black room...You're gonna hit alot of blips and bings.
        Last edited by horns666; 07-24-2009, 02:47 AM.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thank you for this, I was unaware of his work. Spending a little time with it, I like it quite alot.

Comment

There's a tribute album out, featuring music by various artists. Pretty dreamy/atmospheric stuff.. Maybe ambient is the word.
            Limited edition but I downloaded it. Pretty cool how the album is called "untitled" since Beksinski never gave names to any of his works. Apparently he hated when people asked him what the "meaning" behind his paintings were. Sounds to me like a true artist.

http://www.discogs.com/release/919072
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

FUCK YEAH..His paintings rule!!!http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=8&sa=N&tab=vi
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I actually prefer his pencil work to the paintings, but an interesting artist to be sure.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X