PA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA question

Ok I am in a new band now, and we have a pretty good pa. I seem to always have a bit of trouble with the speakers and mics and such though. I have my 4x12, monitor and mic in my area. I can never find the best spot for these so as not to feedback some and have it sound good. How do you guys set your stuff up for this? Do you not have the amp pointed at the mic or the monitor not at the cab etc? I would really like to get some opinions on this. Thanks.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Make sure the mic is not picking up the sound from the monitor and/or PA speakers...do that and you will most likely fix the issue. That goes for both instruments and vocals.

Comment

^ yep

Feedback results when the microphone is picking up sound generated from itself. So if the mic can pick up sound from the monitor, you'll get feedback.
      Scott

Comment

Yep, what he says, placement. Look at the pick-up pattern of your microphones, cardioid, hypercardioid etc. Look up what these terms mean! That will help you to know where your mic should and should not be facing.
        Make sure you cut the sub-100Hz on your mics if just vocal and guitar.

If you can't get round it, you should be able to notch out the problem frequencies on the monitor EQ.

Failing that - turn it down!!!! (If you are miking a 4x12, I suspect you have everything on 11!!)
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Nah not micing the 4x12, but I never thought about the pattern on the mic.I am using a SM58 right now. Cutting the sub-100Hz sounds interesting too.I will try these things.Thanks guys.
          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
          X