No announcement yet.

Copyright Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your profits are puny, nobody's going to give a crap.

Comment

In the same vein, what about playing copyrighted songs in church? We do some contemporary songs, e.g., Switchfoot. I was told that is OK, as long as we don't print the lyrics and pass them out. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        That's all well and good, but given that this jingle will be specifically to advertise for a business, there's profit motive and therefore clearances must be obtained and licenses bought.
        Yeah, I realize that. I was more commenting on the people saying he just asked as a courtesy. Sounds like if they say no then you can't do anything with the song.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          If your profits are puny, nobody's going to give a crap.
          was that a shot at my balls?
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            was that a shot at my balls?
            Didn't mean it that way, but now that that hairy cat is out of the bag, well...

Comment

Can't change notes and shit just get the same vibe without actually copying the song..almost to where it's not even close but you know what song it is loosely based from. I hear that all the time.

But with a song as basic as that..hmmmm...actually I can just invert it on bass with the same tempo and feel. I just tried it and it's not even close to AOBTD, but it works..same vibe.

Hey I just played Eddie Van Halen's "Donut City"..I forgot all about that song until now.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Didn't mean it that way, but now that that hairy cat is out of the bag, well...
                I knew it..

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  The restaurant owner would be liable.
                  But I would advise him of the potential legal issue if he were to use it.
                  That is what I was thinking. We won't see profit only the owner. I also agree with the puny profit comment. Its only a local place and I doubt Queen or or anyone associated would ever know or care. However I don't want to put us in a legal situation.

I'd just do something else but the owner really wants this song, we want to get in good with him as it means oppertunities.

If all else fails I guess I can I write about Bills ballsack and pole.

Comment

Kind of ironic that you asked about this song too because Weird Al got his break doing a parody of "Another One Bites the Dust" on TV. Is the jingle going to be in a TV commercial, radio commercial or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                      Kind of ironic that you asked about this song too because Weird Al got his break doing a parody of "Another One Bites the Dust" on TV. Is the jingle going to be in a TV commercial, radio commercial or something else?
                      Oh good so I'm only infringing on Weird Al

I'll be for radio, again local though (small stations).

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Hey I just played Eddie Van Halen's "Donut City"..I forgot all about that song until now.
                        A bit off the beaten path here but Bill reminded me of this.
                        Great song to use for Name that tune.. screws em every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigsnatcher View Post
                          That is what I was thinking. We won't see profit only the owner. I also agree with the puny profit comment. Its only a local place and I doubt Queen or or anyone associated would ever know or care.

Yes they would. Someone, a diehard Queen fan, would tell them.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X