Question for RI/Boston members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for RI/Boston members

I have a buddy spending 3 days in Providence August 27th - 29th. Any cool things happening those days that he should check out while he is there? Any live music metal clubs for him to visit? So far the only thing I've told him he MUST do is find a Del's and get some lemonade.

Thanks.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Del's lemonade?? I've lived here for most of my life and have only had it a few times... that's a "must"?

Tell him to go to Faneuil Hall in Boston or maybe try to catch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. The new House of Blues is right next to Fenway and they may have a good band playing. If there's no band at HOB, there are plenty of cool bars in that same area, one of which looks out onto Fenway. He can also check out the North End, which is littered with some amazing Italian restaurants.

If he's looking for a metal club in Providence, tell him to check out Club Hell or Jerky's. They're both in the same building.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    I have a buddy spending 3 days in Providence August 27th - 29th. Any cool things happening those days that he should check out while he is there? Any live music metal clubs for him to visit? So far the only thing I've told him he MUST do is find a Del's and get some lemonade.

Thanks.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Tell him to check out Newport- it is a sick party town with a lot of clubs with live music of all types.

Comment

It's been about 10 years since I've been in Boston. Isn't Mama Kin's still there, that whole strip in general was pretty hip!
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

RI?

Def get some Coffee Milk.

Go to Newport. check out Thames St - I like the Blues Cafe though I haven't been there in awhile.

Providence has some great Italian food(Atwells ave). I'd put it up against the North End in Boston.
          Then I'd go into South County and check out the Mews Tavern in Wakefield. It's towny, but they have a good selection of beers. (70 types as I recall).

If you are planing to barhop, I'd stay in RI. Unlike MA, they allow cheaper drinks during "Happy Hour". MA can't by law, but they will discount the food.

Bristol and Warren have some good Irish Style taverns. I used to like the Tinkers Den, but once again, haven't been there in awhile.

Basically, if you can find a college, you can find a good bar. URI, Brown, and Rodger Williams Univ have good local establishments.

Sports? If you are going Boston way, check out Fenway as mentioned. Problem is, tickets to anything except left field are usually already sold.
          If in RI, Go to a Pawsox game, availability is much better, but it is AAA ball.

Just remember, RI is really small. So nothing is all that far away, no matter what we locals tell you. We tend to think that anything past 15 mins travel is too much.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

When I was in RI last year Del's and vodka were my friend Matt.

Hey thanks for the feedback guys. I'll pass this all along to him.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Mama Kin's closed a bunch of years ago and they tore it down. It's now where the new House Of Blues is located.

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              It's been about 10 years since I've been in Boston. Isn't Mama Kin's still there, that whole strip in general was pretty hip!
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Go to Joe Tecce's, best "spaghetti ******" (italian) food I've ever had in Boston.
                Don't get offended, I'm part spaghetti ******-lol

oh shit, it edited out "wigger" only with an N
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Heaven & Hell is playing the Bank of America Pavilion in Boston the 28th.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                  X