They even took the sign...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They even took the sign...

Just in case you guiys were wondering whatever happened to Manny's on 48th St.

Yeah, Sam Ash (which has owned Manny's for some time) is now in the old Manny's space. A little bit of guitar and music history scrubbed away... I'm sad... maybe I'll go listen to some emo-scream-core.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

I equate this with renaming sports arenas and events to whatever company owns them - Nextel, FedEx, Verizon. Gone are the days of naming fields after their greatest historical figures - it's all about the fucking advertising because for some reason we just aren't making enough money.

Tragic fail.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, I saw this...fuckin' Sam Ash. Never went there anyway, now I never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Just in case you guiys were wondering whatever happened to Manny's on 48th St.

Yeah, Sam Ash (which has owned Manny's for some time) is now in the old Manny's space. A little bit of guitar and music history scrubbed away... I'm sad... maybe I'll go listen to some emo-scream-core.
        Damn sad !!

Comment

Losing local shops always sucks. Look on the bright side, now you can go play some over-marketed LTDs, Schecters and Deans!

Right?...

Unfortunately our only local shop is overpriced and doesn't carry any good brands. The people who run it use to be employees at a really good local store that closed a few years back.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I remember now I was at Rudy's a little while after they opened up this...I saw a Kelly with the cut out on the bottom edga ala King Rhoads with white pinstripe bevels...made me damn sad to see such a nice Jackson in there, and there were probably more...

Comment

Thanks for the historical photo-ref, ATD. I was looking for one.

At least all the dudes from Manny's were still there, and the place was stuffed with two stores worth of gear - some really good stuff too.

But... they couldn't find a 9v for me to check out a distortion pedal, and the strings on an ESP strat (vintage plus???) were rusty and out of tune. But WTF, I gotta go somewhere on a Saturday afternoon.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Thanks for the historical photo-ref, ATD. I was looking for one.

At least all the dudes from Manny's were still there, and the place was stuffed with two stores worth of gear - some really good stuff too.

But... they couldn't find a 9v for me to check out a distortion pedal, and the strings on an ESP strat (vintage plus???) were rusty and out of tune. But WTF, I gotta go somewhere on a Saturday afternoon.
                No problem. I got it from a friend that used to hit Mannys and Rudys on a regular basis.

Comment

I like Rudy's...knew quite a few people there, hopefully Rudy too one day, great people, prices on some stuff is a little high but atleast everyone there is a real musician and not someone there just for the paycheck...the gear is A++ too.

Comment

Originally posted by SlaytanicDude View Post
                    I like Rudy's...knew quite a few people there, hopefully Rudy too one day, great people, prices on some stuff is a little high but atleast everyone there is a real musician and not someone there just for the paycheck...the gear is A++ too.
                    Yeah but they treat you like an asshole if you don't whip out a stack of hundreds.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                    X