Hello From TAOS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From TAOS!

Hello to all my JCF Bros from the base of Taos Mountain in Taos, New Mexico! Old G is sitting at the breakfast table in a 4800 sq. ft. adobe house, typing like a madman before I lose my Internet connection!

It's 49 degrees this morning and will get up to about 78 by the afternoon. Humidity is about 35% which means NO SWEATING! Oh, you can work up a stink, but you've got to really put forth the effort.

The house I'm staying at is at 7800 feet above sea level, however, it's situated in what is called the "high desert." Doing LOTs of cycling and hiking, but mostly gasping for air! So far, the longest hike we've taken was 6 miles to just under 11,000 feet.

Ok, I'm out of time. Miss you guys (even CYG) and I'll holler at you guys later!

Desert Bum G
    "POOP"

G!!!!

You fucker!!! Ya'know he's partying his ass off. I always seems like his body chemistry actually produces xanax..I'm jealous!

Have fun man..I know you will.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No pics?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Great place Tao's is! Yeah, it sure is nice and dry there. Have Fun!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

We were just down on Taos, Truchas, Espanola .My girlfriend is from Taos. My family is from the Espanola area. Beautiful area to be at. My avatar was taken at the Taos Pueblo reservation. Try Michaels kitchen for some great food and green chile

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            No pics?
            +1.

Some pics for us poor fucks who have to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
              Try Michaels kitchen for some great food and green chile
              Ate there the second day. Had biscuits and gravy. Then had the shits for the next two days! Actually, I think the altitude change has fucked up my innards. Oh well, it sure as fuck beats NW Louisiana.

Pics to come!
              "POOP"

Comment

Scott

Comment

Marcus,
                  This is all a cover up for what's really going on there right?
                  The annual convening of the evil "KAOS" from Get Smart(The Original, not the bullshit movie they decided to put out now)is going down right? And you're part of it.
                  "Kaos in Taos" Only us really good Get Smart guys know about this meeting.
                  Sounds chaotic-lol
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I recommend you drive over to Red River and eat at the Sundance if it's still there. I love NM. It seems like anytime your order something to eat they ask if you want red or green chiles on it.

Comment

pics or it didnt happen
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                        I recommend you drive over to Red River and eat at the Sundance if it's still there.
                        We went to Red River on our Enchanted Circle tour. Did some hiking and biking at Red River, Eagle's Nest, and several places that I can't remember the names. Went to Goose Lake and Williams Lake.

The biker rally was winding up when I arrived and the Plaza was gearing up for the Summer Festival. I knew Taos was artsy fartsy, but it's the only place I've ever been that you can dress like a hobo and be chic!

Here's a quick little story while I'm waiting for the rain to quit. We had decided to take our mountain bikes up one of the ski lifts and ride back down some of the intermediate slopes/trails. At the lift office, they had bikes for rental (we had our own) and there was the loud mouthed know-it-all who was trying to rent a bike. Note: These were NICE bikes with front and rear suspension with disc brakes.

Anyway, this clown was going on and on about how he was a semi-pro dirt biker and that riding a fucking bicycle was a "piece of cake." He boarded the lift just prior to us and when we reached the top of the mountain, you could see the fear in his eyes. He decided he would follow us on the intermediate trail. After a few minutes, he took the lead and it wasn't more than two minutes later, he took one helluva header over the handlebars.

Once the birds quit flapping around his noggin, he was able to tell me why he crashed. On dirt bikes, your right front lever is your front brake. The lever on the left is your clutch. On a mountain bike, your left lever is the front brake and the right lever is your rear brake. At some point, he felt the overwhelming need to "clutch" his way out of a problem and when he grabbed a handful of front brake, he launched himself over the bars like a SCUD missle!

After we got him back on his bike, he followed us down the mountain, about two hundreds yards behind us!
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          Here's a quick little story while I'm waiting for the rain to quit....

...he was able to tell me why he crashed. On dirt bikes, your right front lever is your front brake. The lever on the left is your clutch. On a mountain bike, your left lever is the front brake and the right lever is your rear brake. At some point, he felt the overwhelming need to "clutch" his way out of a problem and when he grabbed a handful of front brake, he launched himself over the bars like a SCUD missle!
                          A - I though this was going to be one of Rsmacker's stories - I was prepared to be sick.

B - I've done something similar when switching from a manual transmission car to a automatic. I rented a automatic car (Infiniti something or other) in LA, and when pulling into a 7-11 (my first stop after getting the car) I went to stab the clutch to take the car out of gear and roll into the parking spot. Instead, I left footed the brake and - sqqqqqueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

-------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Hey!! Hope you're having a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              pics or it didnt happen
                              you beat me to it...

Comment

Working...
                              X