Washington DC area - John Petrucci and John Myung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington DC area - John Petrucci and John Myung

I wasn't sure how many knew about this, but the above will be at Chuck Levin's in Wheaton, MD on 8/1/09 (tomorrow) from 2:00-3:30 pm. I think it's free (bonus). For those that have never seen Dream Theater or Petrucci live, they are amazing. They don't use Jackson/Charvels (their loss), but they are great none the less. I won't be able to make it, but I thought I would pass the word along. Peace.

Everything in music! Since 1958 we've been selling guitars, drums, brass, woodwind, DJ gear, lighting and stage, pro audio, recording gear, orchestral strings, and much more. We offer service for almost every instrument, educational rentals, and school & government sales. Please call us at (301) 946-8808 for more info.
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

I saw them Tuesday night. They were great! Pettruci does play some ghey ass lookin guits, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      I saw them Tuesday night. They were great! Pettruci does play some ghey ass lookin guits, though...
      The Ernie Ball JP John Petrucci signature guitars are phenomenal axes. The "Ball Family Reserve" models are even more incredible, with outstanding tone.

Not sure what qualifies them as ghey, but I'd be more than happy to have a wall full of ghey guitars, apparantly.

Is there anything in particular that turns you off about them?

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The only thing that turns me off with the Ernie Ball JP guitar is..John Petrucci!

Petrucci is a good player ..I just wished he wrote another good song like .."Pull my finger"..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
          The Ernie Ball JP John Petrucci signature guitars are phenomenal axes. The "Ball Family Reserve" models are even more incredible, with outstanding tone.

Not sure what qualifies them as ghey, but I'd be more than happy to have a wall full of ghey guitars, apparantly.

Is there anything in particular that turns you off about them?

- E.

I prefer those 80's Ibanezes he used to play, they were more "metal". I played one of his EB's, and it was a semi-decent player I guess. Definitely not on par with my Jacksons.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            I prefer those 80's Ibanezes he used to play, they were more "metal". I played one of his EB's, and it was a semi-decent player I guess. Definitely not on par with my Jacksons.
            Yeah, I like the Ibanezes a lot better, too. The EB's just look too plain to me. I'd think a player of his caliber would have a bit more flash to his guitars. Especially after some of the crazy paint jobs he had on his older guitars.

I'd have really liked to check them out, but I'm working today, unfortunately.
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I agree that his Ibanezes looked much better. I think the EBs are fugly. The body looks plump and misshapen, like the rear end of a large woman in stretch pants. Where's the barf icon?

I do think the family crest inlay is cool, and I will say that the JP EB I played had a wonderfully comfortable oiled neck. It seemed like a great guitar to play in the dark.

P.S. To the original poster - that was very cool of you to give everyone a heads up on this event. If I was in the area, I would be there. Those guys are amazing players.

Comment

Working...
              X