Lost my job yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my job yesterday

because I was brought in by my boss that left last week. I was sad to see her go but I was happy that I could finally change some things that she did wrong. I got burned by the person who I was working with to fix things. WTF??
    Longest job I ever had( almost 7 years) and this is the first time I ever got fired.
    I haven't had to look for a job since 1992. I alway get hired away by previous bosses who have left.

Well that sucks. What kind of work do you do?

Comment

Well that sucks. What kind of work do you do?
      I'm an accountant. I was the chief financial officer.

Comment

Damn, Rich! Sorry to hear about this. That type of office politics BS is the #1 reason I went the self-employed route. Hope everything works out & you land something better.

Comment

oh man...that sucks, sorry to hear that. 7 years seems like a long time but you'll move on to bigger and better things. I've had 2 jobs in my career and worked for 11 years at one before I left and now 11 years at my current employer and thinking about finding a new job. I love my work but not digging the direction or lack there of of the company...

I hate office politcs with a passion and how suck ups can often time move up the corporate ladder regardless of skill set and work ethics. I refuse to pretend I love golf, refuse run up and jump in conversations when I hear seinor managers/executives talking, refuse to pretend I like someone when I don't and refuse to kiss any ass.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I refuse to pretend I love golf
            I hate golf too.
            I used to work at a resort that had course that I could have used for free and never did. I have 3 courses within a 1/2 mile of my house and I won't ever try it.

Comment

employers are screaming out for accountants over here.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully, you'll find something new and better soon. My uncle was fired under similar circumstances. He was about 60 when it happened and he couldn't find a new job, and he's been extremely bitter ever since. Not they way you'd want to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  employers are screaming out for accountants over here.
                  So am I , I need someone who is erm, "inventive". Otherwise I'm going to get from the Tax Office what Wilksy-Baby here gets in the Dungeon of Love every Saturday night - fucked very very hard until my bottom bleeds. (I probably won't have jizz dribbling down my chin though)
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Oh hi dicksplat troll. When you've got something constructive to say as opposed to looking for opportunities to post gay crap, then say it. Otherwise STFU.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I hate to hear that Rich. I went through the same thing last November. I was hired by a local Nissan dealer to fix their service department front to back. I was promised a lot of things that never happened. Once I had the consumer indexes at the top of our region, the service center turning a profit for the first time in severn years, and warranty claims processing at over 98% I went to the new manager and asked for the things I had been promised. After getting the run around from the third ops manager I had seen in two and a half years I put in a couple of applications at other dealers knowing it would get back that I was job shopping. Two days afterwards I was called up to the GM's office and terminated for trying to better myself. I had never been fired before in my life, and it stung my pride a lot. Of course, knowing I had done nothing wrong eased the sting too.

Finally in February I got a call out of the blue from the owner of an ATV store who was looking for a GM/Service Manager. I landed a job where I not only have less stress and politics, but make a bit more money in a very casual laid back atmposphere. I wish I had known about this job five years ago.

Moral of the story, keep plugging along and something will come your way. It sucks to be fired for doing a good job. Hopefully, karma comes around to companies like this who don't keep a good model employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                        oh man...that sucks, sorry to hear that. 7 years seems like a long time but you'll move on to bigger and better things. I've had 2 jobs in my career and worked for 11 years at one before I left and now 11 years at my current employer and thinking about finding a new job. I love my work but not digging the direction or lack there of of the company...

I hate office politcs with a passion and how suck ups can often time move up the corporate ladder regardless of skill set and work ethics. I refuse to pretend I love golf, refuse run up and jump in conversations when I hear seinor managers/executives talking, refuse to pretend I like someone when I don't and refuse to kiss any ass.
                        Shawn,
                        Let me let you in on a little secret. Nobody likes golf. Not even the people who play it all the time. The only reason they play it at all is due to it taking 6 plus hours to finish 18 holes. That's 6 plus hours away from the wife. That's the reason-lol
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sucks to hear that, Rich.

Hope you find a new job soon!
                          Scott

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. It sounds like you have a pretty desirable skill set, so I'm sure things will turn around for you soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X