Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres the finalist for the guest lead challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I bet it is going to be a hard choice.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I haven't watched those yey, I am work right now. Are any of the finalists from the JCF?
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

No contest IMO. The kid with the black IBZ is pretty good. The guy with the natural guitar is firey much like a sloppier Loomis kinda thing. Overall I think the last dude with the black guitar wrote the tastiest lead over that progression..he went for more of a melodic Mike Amott thing which fits the song like a glove. He wins IMO!

The rest were..meh..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah totally horns, I rekon the second last was good but the final one was great. I know taste is entirely optional in shred but christ! Sticks out like dogs balls here

Comment

I think Bill was talking about the third one, which I also think is the best, by far.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The thrid one is good but he's playing redundant paterns in 4ths. He's very good but is he's "stiff" and doesn't really gel with much of that track. I'm talkin' 'bout the very last dude with that solid black 24 fret guitar. He wasn't just showing off and composed a very fitting piece of music over that progression. Honestly, he's the only one more qualified than myself If I would have participated of all those players. He did a brilliant job and looked at the big pic that actually compliments that arrangement! He wins hands down IMO! ..It's absolutely perfect!

..and I'm prolly the biggest Absence fan here..

Their ROTP was in my top 10 best metal releases that year!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Interesting. I thought the *last* guy sounded stiff
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I was kind of hoping Jani would have done a harmonized lead for this with him playing both parts at once in the video.

It would have been a shoe-in for my vote.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I personally liked the guy with the black Ibanez and mirror guard....Steackhach and the last guy with the black 7 string Ibanez.

The guy with the mirrored guard had a little melody tossed in there with the tempo change, had bends to grab the emotions in the right spot and came in with some harmony. The 7 stringer had a cleaner arpeggiated run.

I think that I would choose the guy with the mirrored guard if it was me.

Everybody else just sounded bland.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The guys with melody have the boring shred licks, and the guys with the shred licks have no melody and terrible vibrato.

WHY ARENT THESE PEOPLE LISTENING TO MORE JASON BECKER?

These guys are good though and a few of them had some really cool phrases. The fourth guy down probably has the "most fitting" solo. The guy above him had the coolest intro but his vibrato is so terrible it really makes him sound bad, even though he's clearly good on a technical level.

There was a guy who posted a video who I surely thought would make it, I tried looking for the video but it appears he took it down.

The riff to solo over is fucking cool though, I will definitely be illegally downloading this album when it comes out. Just playing, I'll just steal it from a record store instead!
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Last guy with the 7 - tasty melodic interesting and fit the song well -
                        i also liked #5 for the shred points between them both, i think number 5 could pull the win easily in a final take, most potential anyway i think.
                        Last edited by Trem; 08-07-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I like #5 or #3. A lot of them have technically impressive stuff but seem to pay no attention to the melody or whats going on with the chord changes.
                          Last edited by broken_fusion; 08-07-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

#'s 5, 7 and 8 hit me with that intangible something.
                            In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
                            X