favotite metal songs where vocalist screams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one of my favorite screamers!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Screamage starts at about 1:50
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
      Here's one of my favorite screamers!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Screamage starts at about 1:50
      Tim's the man when it comes to screaming.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just watched this yesterday.

1:25 or so..
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          Tim's the man when it comes to screaming.
          He doesn't think so..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How about my ol' friend and bandmate..Juan of Attaxe from 1983..the end kills me..:ROTF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m9Yvx4szKw

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Your friend Juan looks like Tom Jones.

"What's new, pussycat...AAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOWWWW!"
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Jimmy B View Post
                Your friend Juan looks like Tom Jones.

"What's new, pussycat...AAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOWWWW!"
                He used to always prank my mom and tell her he loves her. Well, my mom was kinda "hot". That kept happening until my dad said "Jaun, how'd ya like my foot up your ass!!!"...oops..

Jaun hits on everyone's woman..he still does ..that fucker...right in front of 'em..whadda dick!

Truth!!

Attaxe..then and well a few years ago..see anyone familiar?

Comment

Whoa. Is that you with the hair? The poodle doo?
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

..No, but those are all the original members in that vid. except they had three bass players. Me being their last. They put out a cd with new new tracks on it, and I'm just on the new ones.

Seriously ..locally..as far as Halford-ish screamers go. Cleveland Metal's singer Chris SMOKES Ripper Owens at the Preist stuff. Just a matter of the right place at the right time. Tim is very talented, but but that's like me landing a guitar spot in Megadeth or Nevermore. I'm "good" but I really don't think I'm THAT good.

As far as singers and metal screamers go. My bud Ty is still my personal fave. EVERYONE wants him to sing for them. He's the very best around here..fo sho. Winters Bane wanted him bad..he refused! They grew up together, same school ..everything.

Ty uses his range (screams), like Warrel as dynamics, balls out impact, and in suddle harmonies like on our ol' demo. .He's does it with POWER..instead of sounding like Adam Sandler's fuggin' Opera Man!! I LOVE metal singers that are original, with a wide range but they have to have a GOOD voice and pitch. The metal scream thing is done more than Zakk's pings..it's cliche. Warrel didn't lose his voice, he matured and didn't want to continue the cliche..

Some great examples of metal screams were posted and I could could name this stuff forever..but my faves will always be singers like Dio, Coverdale, Jorn Lande, Midnight, John Arch, Warrel Dane, David Wayne, Geoff Tate, Paul Shortino, Ian Gillen, Mats Levin, Mark Boals, Halford, Glen Hughes, Freddie Mercury, Bruce, Tim Aymar, Russel Allen, Chris Cornell, Doogie White, Jeff Scott Soto, to name a handful...even Phil Anselmo..total asshole but the dude can sing! Even singers with a one of a kind delivery such as Ozzy, Doug Pinnick, Tony Harnell, John Oliva, Matt Barlow, Lane Staley Warrel Dane, David Lee Roth, Bon Scott, even Hetfield, Mustaine, Phil Lynott, Steven Tyler and Lemmy for that matter are even more rare and valuable IMO!

To me, singers like my friend old Jaun, Tim, and John's JP tribute singers are the eiptome of the "Opera man" metal cliche, and are a dime a dozen, one trick ponies..which is great if that satisfies you. Sure it's cool at times but can be grating as listening to 300 perfectly executed pinch harmonics in one song..

Singers like Kiske, Dane, Halford, Ralf Sheepers, Midnight, James Rivera, Allan Tecchio, Harry Conklin, ..scream VERY well but are NOT dependent on it. Take away their scream..they still sing very well. Because they are singers..not screamers. A scream should be used as a dynamic such as a pinch harmonic, or pang cymbal. In the right place, the pang sounds killer (Hor for Teacher). But riding on that pang ..it would suck balls.

Even tho they're friends and in my circles. ..argghhh Jaun and Tim's pitchy, quivering high pitched squelching grates on my nerves more than a fat, white kid with a stutter tryin' to bust a ryhme

This guy is NO different than 1,000,000,000 other "Rippers".. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpOSLgrqVM&feature=related.. ..same shit..

Comment

'Loved to Death' is a love song. It's boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, girl doesn't love boy, so boy kills girl, so no one else will have her.(Mu...

I know what your saying about mustaines screaming the beginning of this is my favorite of his.
                      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

hey horns666
                        ty for making this post...you nailed it..
                        .imho..the ultimate reply to thread .

thanks

i have found allot of cool shit
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Not metal, but Jimmy's scream in this is ridiculous:

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                            Midnight (of Crimson Glory) had some great ones (RIP) "Transending into the electric skyeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" mid way through "In Dark Places" cool!
                            Goddamn, just found out that Midnight died last month. Talk about a monkey on your back, this guy had a fuckin' gorilla. Incredible talent, though. One of my top 3 singers of all time.

RIP
                            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

At the moment I'd go with Ian Gillan on Disturbing the Priest and Aerosmith on Back in the Saddle.

Also, not metal...but an honorable mention to Janice on this one:

Comment

3 Inches of Blood's 'Goatriders Horde' off of Fire Up The Blades - available now on Roadrunner Records. Download the album on iTunes: http://bit.ly/bskSQyL...
                                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X