does any one surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any one surf

ive just started and was wondering if any one else is semi-aquatic?
    no sig.....

I learned how to surf in California and after a break I've been doing it on the Atlantic coast in France. Too bad the Baltic Sea doesn't have any waves.

Best sport ever! But it's fucking hard.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I can surf somewhat. I am not good at all but I do go to the beach and surf occasionaly.
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Surfing is one of the best things in life.

Comment

Apart from the interwebs, no. You can't get further from the sea in the UK than where I live, and the idea of immersing myself in some freezing cold effluent (that's shite water to you lot) fills me with disgust. I can't think which is worse, a shark taking a big bite out of me, or me taking a big bite out of a floating turd or jam-rag. Either way, it's a bad result.

I can hum the Hawaii 5-0 theme though.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

been surfing 20 yrs +, East Coast and CA (both big north and fun south), been to Hawaii 2x, surfed Sunset and 69's there, got pounded at Sunset LOL and ripped 69's back in 2003 when we were there over xmas.

go hard or don't go! ;-)
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I learned to surf when I was a college boy at UH and fell in love with it. I started slow and easy at Waikiki and then, in time, made my way to Makaha to have my ass handed to me on a daily basis. I was good friends with a pro surfer named Davey Miller who took me under his wing and taught me about pakalolo and surfing. I haven't been on a board since breaking my nose and jaw at sunset in 1994.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  I learned how to surf in California and after a break I've been doing it on the Atlantic coast in France. Too bad the Baltic Sea doesn't have any waves.

Best sport ever! But it's fucking hard.

Too bad the Baltic Sea doesn't have any great whites
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I tried surfing for the first time when I was in Santa Barbara back in November. A friend took me surfing there and on Manhattan Beach and I loved it. I agree with Endrik, it's fucking hard. It's even hard to catch the waves--and I think I only made it to a standing position a couple of times. After having tried surfing, I'm kind of regretting that I didn't try it when I was on Hawaii a couple of years ago.

Comment

Every chance I get. I used to go to San Diego for work a lot and surf almost very night after work and all weekends. I don't get to go too much anymore, haven't been in 5 or so years. I do wake surf a lot though which is fun but not quite the same.

Comment

Used to.
                        Very relaxing and empowering. Makes you feel YOU were one with nature.

I used to surf in the north coast of Puerto Rico (Atlantic Ocean). Miss it a great deal.
                        Don't miss the sea urchins, coral reefs and the ocasional shark.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I surf La Jolla Shores and/or Tourmaline here in San Diego every couple of weeks...no need to get myself killed, I'm 42 and just looking for a bit of fun...

Speaking of Sunset, I'm staying in a bunglow on the southend of that beach right now (Outer Log Cabins, to be specific). Surfed Canoes (Waikiki) 2 days ago with the kids, it was a complete mess, but my wife & I got all 3 up, and my 11 year old got into it with a bunch of Japanese tourists floating on air mattresses...good for him!
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

im new to it and tbh i got the wrong board mine has 2 little volume, should have got a foam swell board thing. I fancy a trip to the west coast of the sates for a little surfing next year.
                            no sig.....

Comment

Working...
                            X