A rant about eBay, PayPal and morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rant about eBay, PayPal and morons

I listed 2 items on eBay - an ESP Urban Camo M-II and a Roland GW-7 synth.

I listed the ESP for $1000 minimum bid, $1300 BIN, free shipping. Some guy writes and asks if he can buy the ESP for $1100, right away, by me reducing my BIN. So I do. He hits the reduced BIN. PayPal places a hold on the money but encourages me to ship it right away, so I can eventually get paid if everyone else is happy (which is a joke in itself). But that's not the buyer's fault, so I drop everything and make a special trip to the Post Office to ship it the same day (thought I was being a good guy, as I know how I hate waiting for things I buy online, but little did I know, I was shooting myself in the foot). Our story continues . . .

Next day, the guy notices it doesn't have EMGs and starts claiming that I misrepresented it in the auction by not stating that it does NOT have EMGs. Of course, I never said it DID have EMGs. I guess the pictures showing open-coil, passive pickups weren't enough of a clue for this brainiac. :idea: Naturally, he assumed that a guitar pictured with passive pickups would have EMGs.

Anyway, today he says he doesn't want it and suggests that I "recall" the package. I told him that was impossible. But just in case, I just made another trip to the post office, and as I suspected, it is impossible. Instead, it will travel all the way to his city, where he must refuse delivery, so it can be shipped back to me - at my expense.

Bottom line, I get to pay about $75 shipping for my guitar to be carted around the country for a couple weeks and come back to me.

Oh yeah, the other item - the GW7 - has one bidder, who emailed me saying he won't have the money until next month (I don't know how that works with a credit card) and thus plans to retract his bid, but hasn't done so as of yet. :think:

Thanks a lot, eBay, PayPal and assorted morons. It will sure be fun when I get my eBay bill for auction fees later this month.

Oh yeah, and after bending over backwards for this ESP genius, I have no doubt he will hit me with negative feedback, too. That would be consistent with his behavior thus far.

Calgon, take me away! :ROTF:

That sucks. I had a guy buy a mixing board, and he had an old address listed on his PayPal account. After having the package in "limbo/god knows where" for two weeks, he wanted to just "cancel the whole thing" (which really meant handing me the bag for his fuckup).

Comment

This is why I have given up on eBay all together.
      If I can't sell my gear here on the forums or other forums I'm a member of, I'll keep it.
      -Rick

Comment

Yeah, I do not want to deal with Ebay as a seller, there are too many morons out there, I've heard too many horror stories.

Comment

I sware they're trying to make the seller start sucking the buyers balls. I've literally read people on other forums saying they're going to buy something then just dispute it if they don't like it, and they always win.

It's pathetic.I don't get how ebay and paypal always side with the moron who doesn't read the auction. Too bad it's the only place to get the publicity for an item.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Hearing things like this is the reason I am still a noob with ebay/paypal...I try to avoid it if i can @_@

Sorry to hear about this shit man, hope the guitar isn't damaged when it gets back to you. Having to pay out of pocket to get your own guitar shipped back to you because of a dumb fuck like that is bullshit
            My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

I've given up on selling stuf and buying stuf fon eBay because of that kind of shit....I have a lot of stuff I need to get rid of so I may have to start dealing with ass whipes again
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

ebay is always my last resort
                if anyone even asks a question on your auction, Paypal will hold your funds.
                My mark III arrived at it's new owners house yesterday and I still have not heard shit from him yet, so my funds are still not available.
                I think this will mark my last Ebay sale ever.
                From Now on I'm thinking like rjohnstone.
                If I can't sell it on a forum, I'm keepiing it.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

No kidding. Buying on ebay is not a problem, IMO, as they bend over backwards for buyers, but sellers beware - you are entering a land of dumbasses, where you have no rights at all.

P.S. I did try selling the ESP here first. I think I listed the GW7 too, though I'm not sure. My JCF transactions have been very smooth.

Comment

I haven't sold anything on ebay in a long time. It is just not worth the hassle anymore. I don't even like to ship anything either. All of my postings in the classifieds, which isn't much, are for local deals where I can meet up with the person and do the exchange. I ain't beat for this shit anymore.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I wonder if some sort of class-action lawsuit against ebay/paypal might change things? Because paying 75 bucks to have your guitar shipped all around the country is absolute b.s... I refuse to take paypal. Postal money orders only.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

It's a real shame how they've fucked up what used to be a good thing. Sure, some of it is because of more scammers, plus there are much higher numbers of dumbasses using the web than there were in the past, but eBay has intentionally made it less enjoyable & profitable for small-scale sellers. The new CEO wants to shift it to power-sellers and storefronts only. IMO, the best bargains and coolest gear have always come from the little guy rather than somebody trying to make their living at it. eBay built their brand on those people, and now they're fucking them in the ass.

Comment

Everyone bitches about Ebay and Paypal but I have been using them both for years and never once had a problem.

I am an Ebay addict. I pull it up several times every time I use the computer.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                            I pull it up several times every time I use the computer.
                            Me too. Sometimes E-bay as well.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Too bad, eBay does have intelligent customer service when you call them directly. PayPal was not so good at customer service. I wish I could put "DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU HAVE TWO HUNDRED buys/sales and 101% POSITIVE FEEDBACK.
                              O.K. 100% FB at least.
                              JvicE

Comment

Working...
                              X