A rant about eBay, PayPal and morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
    I refuse to take paypal. Postal money orders only.
    I don't know if this is for all sales now, but I sold a car on there the other day and when listing it I had to put down Paypal as an option, even though I didn't want to. It was a cash sale, for folding notes, fuck Paypal.

This would have been especially a pain in the shitter if the buyer had paid with a hacked Paypal account and then collected the car. (Which he would have done, I'm hardly going to send it by courier am I?) When the fraud was detected and Paypal seized their money back, I'd have been fucked because items collected in person aren't covered by their fraud guarantee - I'd have lost the car and the money with a kiss-my-arse from Paypal. Cunts.

(I got more than I expected and wanted for the motor, and after I refused Paypal at the end of the auction, the buyer understood, and preferred to pay in cash upon collection anyway.)
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

If you sent it priority mail you wont pay anything to get it back. I found that out and always go that route cause it aint much more and its way safer taking usually 2 days. Parcel post is too long and you have to pay all ways . Also if you guys are smart ,then use ebay as an advertising agent only. List your stuff too high ,then when it doesnt sell you only pay a small fee for listing ,and you get the usual emails "will you take this amount?" Then you sell it and get money orders and all is well. Ive been doin that for years. Us small timers built ebay and now they are screwing us so you gotta fight back smart.

Comment

P I K A, using eBay as advertising only, then selling outside eBay sounds like a plan.

I think that for me personally, if my gear doesn't sell here, I am going to go back to dealing with music stores, and just trade my gear in. I have found that Chris' Guitars and Daddy's Junky Music both give decent $ for trades and deal honestly.

As for shipping, no, I sent it parcel post, because it was cheaper. When I went back to the Post Office after the buyer changed his mind to ask what I could do to get the package back, I was informed about that feature of Priority Mail vs. Parcel Post. Live and learn.
        Last edited by quiksilver; 08-08-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

fuck paypal and ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Me too. Sometimes E-bay as well.

Oh God that was fucking perfect.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I wonder why Google or Yahoo don't create an auction site to compete with Ebay? I'd think they have the $ & tech resources to pull it off. Ebay NEEDS a big competitor.

I seem to recall Yahoo tried it several years back and it didn't work, but there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.

Comment

I get better prices on eBay than you do on JCF PLATINUM with similar items.
                I have never had a problem although I realize the original post had a real jerk to deal with.
                JvicE

Comment

I´ve also become more and more unhappy with eVilbay and Scampal. I had to use them about 2 months ago to get funds ASAP and tbh. I wish I hadn´t had to.... first you get reamed by eBay for their cut, then paypal reams you again, and if anything goes wrong you´re completely SOL until you cut your own dick off and send it to the buyer gold plated and gift wrapped

Thankfully everything went well this round

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    this is why i have given up on ebay all together.
                    If i can't sell my gear here on the forums or other forums i'm a member of, i'll keep it.
                    +10000

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                      If you sent it priority mail you wont pay anything to get it back.
                      This is true for domestic shipments. However, for International shipments with Priority Mail you have two options. One is return to sender at sender's expense, or abandon the package if it's undeliverable. Just an FYI.

Comment

I had a real big problem with egay also. My firebird. I used money order. Long story short, it took like 2 months to recieve. He shipped it 2 weeks after he cashed our money order. But there was NOOOOOOOO comomunication through I sent him like 8 or 9 messages and no response. We talked to ebay, and they brushed us off. (Before it finally came.) We called the police where they lived, showed them all of the ebay info that proved what he was doing is wrong, and they said there was not sufficient evidence to enforce anything, which is complete bull-shit. All I wanted them to do was drop by, and just saying something to the guy, and see if it actually existed.
                        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                        X