Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A youtube rant

Dear people of youtube...

IF YOU ARE JUST SINGING OVER THE VOCALS OF AN ALREADY RECORDED SONG IT IS NOT A FUCKING COVER.

I am so god damn tired of seeing Whatever song (cover) and then going to the video and it's some dumb ass either playing along with a cd or singing with a cd where you can clearly hear the original artist. that's not a fucking cover! stop it! just fucking stop it!

I just found one where it was "Alice in chains Would? cover" and the fucking idiot has a video camera pointed at a tv that's playing the video and the asshole is singing along.. how the fuck is that a cover!?

really, it's time to bleach the gene pool and do some post birth abortions.

ok end rant.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

You know..Journey found their singer on Youtube. I think he was singing "Open Arms" while taking a dump.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw him on the Download Tour on That Metal Show. Still sounds like he's droppin' a deuce.
      My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
      Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        You know..Journey found their singer on Youtube. I think he was singing "Open Arms" while taking a dump.
        I'm just ranting over the term "Cover" it really bothers me that someone says they are playing a cover when all they are doing is singing along with a tape. I guess all the people singing in their cars now with the radio are doing "Covers" which is great, the record company should start charging them at % for every song they sing along with now.

I know it's juvenile, it's like getting pissed that someone put the toilet paper on reverse or whatever. I think karaoke is closer to a 'cover' then what people do in youtube. i just wish they would call it what it is, singing over someone elses music.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

Dude I'm not even drinking right now, but that made me shoot vomit out of my nose! hahahaha amazing!

And I can't fucking agree more!

C

Comment

I know it's juvenile, it's like getting pissed that someone put the toilet paper on reverse or whatever.

WTF? Just how the fuck do you get shitty arse-wipe back onto the roll? The mind boggles.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I've always called them "retroactive abortions".
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Hellz yeah let's chemical shock the gene pool!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  WTF? Just how the fuck do you get shitty arse-wipe back onto the roll? The mind boggles.
                  nono, when you put the roll of TP on the roller the lose flat of TP can face towards the toilet or away from it. i have known people to get in fist fights over this.

of course that was in the 80's and the was booze involved and a lot of anthrax playing so..

Comment

Working...
                  X