No announcement yet.

Audi vs Supra YOU DECIDE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldnt buy an audi with 50k, let alone 100.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      I totally understand. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be difficult unloading any car right now for a decent price. Good luck in your search.

I thought the car would have sold quickly. I was wrong so far on this one.
      I really didn't want to put the Supra through another winter in Connecticut. Its not fair to the car.

Comment

All I can say is this- I'm on my 3rd Audi since 00. Love em, no problems with em, they've all been great. I do know, however, a co-worker who had a problem with a seized engine in an A4 1.8T, and it was maintainence based- Audi tried to get them for 18k to replace the engine (was a lease). Audi ended up doing the right thing & replacing it, but it was ugly for a while.

One of the things I'd be thinking about is the ### of airbags/safety features in the Audi vs. the Supra just by virtue of being a newer car. The one thing I feel pretty good about is putting my wife in that car & letting her go drive off to wherever....if God forbid she is in an accident, I think she's got a better chance than if I had her in something else.

The quattro & stability is also something that you have to try to believe, in the sense that I've TRIED to skip the car into turns, just to see if I can. Stupid cars is like it's on rails, rain or shine. No fun for a young kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          All I can say is this- I'm on my 3rd Audi since 00. Love em, no problems with em, they've all been great. I do know, however, a co-worker who had a problem with a seized engine in an A4 1.8T, and it was maintainence based- Audi tried to get them for 18k to replace the engine (was a lease). Audi ended up doing the right thing & replacing it, but it was ugly for a while.

One of the things I'd be thinking about is the ### of airbags/safety features in the Audi vs. the Supra just by virtue of being a newer car. The one thing I feel pretty good about is putting my wife in that car & letting her go drive off to wherever....if God forbid she is in an accident, I think she's got a better chance than if I had her in something else.

The quattro & stability is also something that you have to try to believe, in the sense that I've TRIED to skip the car into turns, just to see if I can. Stupid cars is like it's on rails, rain or shine. No fun for a young kid.
          I hear you on the safety thing. The Supra is a big car but it has no airbags whatsoever. It also is rear wheel drive.
          The problem your co-worker had is sludge build up. Its the most common issue for a 1.8T. The solution is to only run synthetic oil. The car I am interested has been running full synth and it has been changed every 3K. It should be a very clean motor and turbo inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post

Which Audi models, engines and years did you have?? Just curious. How many miles did you put on them?

Comment

All a4's. The 2000 was the 1.8T. Next I got a "2005.5" which I believe was also a 1.8T- They did a mid-year styling update after BMW & Mercedes did the same. Now I've got a 2009 which is the 2.0T. I'm finally having my first problem with one, as the engine runs rough on start up. It's a computer thing, they already diagnosed, but I just need to find a day or two that I don't need my wheels.

They all had like 30k miles on em when I was done- I lease them because, living in the city, my commute is very short. They did get some city miles on em, but alot of it was long-haul type stuff for work.

The lease deals on the A4's really can't be beat. Great little cars.

You are 100% right on the sludge issue btw. They had it done by someone other than the dealer, and Audi tried to whack them for that. They ended up backing off, but only because the owner/lessor researched the issue and came up with reams and reams of other owners who had the same problem.

I think this was a 2001 that they had the problem with.

Comment

All set to do the trade tomorrow and I got a huge case of second thoughts when a guy pulled up in a 2001 stock Nissan Sentra with 140K on it. Original owner, extremely clean and wants to trade. He used to own a Supra but had to sell it because he blew out his knee and couldn't drive a stick anymore. Regarding the Sentra, I have a 2001 SE 2.0 already. Bought it with 20K on it about 7 years ago. Its a fantastic car. We put about 60K on it and have only done basic things like a tune up, brake pads and tires. It runs and drives like a new car still.
                This ones a 2001 1.8 XE. I drove it. Its a nice solid dependable cheap to maintain car. New tires too.
                I am going to go with the Sentra. We won't have to put any money into it and its a nice reliable car that my college student son can drive anywhere and afford to maintain himself. The guy is getting the title for it in 2 days and we are trading.
                I just emailed the guy with the Audi telling him that we can't do the trade tomorrow. My wife was really pissed about it anyway. She has heard so many horror stories about Audi's. She is much happier with the Sentra. My son Nick is cool with it too. He needs a ton of money for books anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  All set to do the trade tomorrow and I got a huge case of second thoughts when a guy pulled up in a 2001 stock Nissan Sentra with 140K on it. Original owner, extremely clean and wants to trade. He used to own a Supra but had to sell it because he blew out his knee and couldn't drive a stick anymore. Regarding the Sentra, I have a 2001 SE 2.0 already. Bought it with 20K on it about 7 years ago. Its a fantastic car. We put about 60K on it and have only done basic things like a tune up, brake pads and tires. It runs and drives like a new car still.
                  This ones a 2001 1.8 XE. I drove it. Its a nice solid dependable cheap to maintain car. New tires too.
                  I am going to go with the Sentra. We won't have to put any money into it and its a nice reliable car that my college student son can drive anywhere and afford to maintain himself. The guy is getting the title for it in 2 days and we are trading.
                  I just emailed the guy with the Audi telling him that we can't do the trade tomorrow. My wife was really pissed about it anyway. She has heard so many horror stories about Audi's. She is much happier with the Sentra. My son Nick is cool with it too. He needs a ton of money for books anyway.
                  Sounds like a pretty good deal man.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Congrats. The Sentra is far more practical. They are cool little cars. I had one as a rental for a couple of weeks, and it was a very solid car. Plus, there's a ton of aftermarket add-ons for them if your son decides to rice it out.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

yea.. its a base model XE. No tach, no power windows, no power locks. It does have power steering, power brakes and AC. I also have a brand new Sony Xplode radio that I can put in it for him.
                      Its a big jump going from a totally loaded 1987 Supra to a base model 2001 Nissan Sentra XE. I am sure he isn't too happy about it which is bumming me out a little. He was so excited to get the Audi 1.8T Quattro. I was more nervous than excited because I know how much parts cost for those cars.
                      He will be able to drive this Sentra all through college even if it has 145K currently on it. It runs and drives great.

Comment

I still feel bad about it though because I sort of talked him into this one. He didn't even test drive it. He was so excited about the Audi.

Comment

On top of that..... I didn't realize it has roll up windows and manual door locks. Coming from an optioned out Supra.. thats pretty tough. I am also a little worried about the 145K miles the Sentra has on it even though it runs great.

Comment

On top of that..... I didn't realize it has roll up windows and manual door locks. Coming from an optioned out Supra.. thats pretty tough. I am also a little worried about the 145K miles the Sentra has on it even though it runs great.
                            Is it a stick?
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Is he going to be driving daily to college or staying on campus? I remember being all worried about cars in college- then one semester I was walking through the parking lot on my way to who knows where and was like, oh. That's where I parked it a month ago, I'll have to remember that!

My car was also the one usually still encased in snow by the time march rolled around too.

If he's staying on campus, he may be surprised just how little he's gonna drive.

I do miss my little 86 cougar tho.

Comment

Its an automatic. He commutes back and forth to college. Its 15 miles away. It takes him 30 minutes each way. On rare occasions he does the round trip twice pending his class schedule. He actually drives alot more when he is in school than when school is out.

Comment

Working...
                                X