• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many of you are in active bands?

Active bands meaning you play out regularly-
    (at least 1-2 times a week)

Id like to keep this as an official band thread,
    as I am in a regualry working band and would like to see what kind of community here is involved in this level of music....

Please post if its original or covers and how often you play out,
    or anything of interst etc...
    Cover Band
    27.71%
    Original Band
    24.10%
    Garage band that just has fun
    12.05%
    Bedroom Maestro & Shreddenaire
    36.14%

The poll is expired.

Raising hand....

Doing southern/classic rock covers mostly. Usually play out about twice a month however, we have been on a slight hiatus lately getting the new singer and bass player up to speed. We'll be hitting it even harder by the end of the month, at least I hope so since we already have stuff lined up for september.

I have another project in the works that's a mix of covers and originals, but it's still fledgling and hasn't taken off just yet.
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 08-18-2009, 09:24 PM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I've been playing in bands since I started playing guitar too many years ago!

I stopped while completing my university degree and then came the wife, family and all other life duties that keeps you too busy.

But after getting back in my guitar frenzy around 1999, I've started playing in bands around 2001 and kept going... Saddly, I never gigged much as most of these bands were mostly for fun. Most of them were cover bands. I've also been in a RATM tribute (was pretty f*ck**' cool!). Also tried a mix of covers with orignal tunes but after over 3 years we were going nowhere so I quit.

My latest project (since around last March), is a cover band and is AGAIN going nowhere. Tonite I will have a serious talk with the bandmates.

I've never been lucky with bands. I wish I had because I like playing with other musicians but these days I'm wondering about woodshedding and staying in the basement...

Am I the only one in this situation? I'm having a hard time finding bandmates with similar musical interests or background...
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Bedroom wanker. No one wants to play Cacophony/RacerX/Opeth/Megadeth/Metallica/Pantera/Cynic/YJM's bastard child!
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

A couple of projects:

Dreaded Silence - my main gig, melodic/progressive metal inspired by Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Death, Pink Floyd, Megadeth, etc. Mix of harsh and clean vocals with acoustic passages, guitar wankery, and hooks a'plenty. www.myspace.com/dreadedsilence

Scott Green - that's me. Solo acoustic rock, with a wide range of influences. Darker than your typical singer/songwriter stuff. www.myspace.com/scottgreenmusic
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Cool!
            And I dig seeing the Myspace Pages!!
            Afterall, this is a musicians community!

Here is my Bands Myspace
            Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

Comment

I'm in a female front party-rock band and we play out about twice a month. We do a lot of 80's + current stuff plus some classic rock. The kind of music that chicks get into. I must admit, a lot of the stuff we play is fluff but people seem to really enjoy it and that is why bars hire us.

Here is our myspace www.myspace.com/instantrecall
              joe...
              Last edited by GodWentPUNK; 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM.
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                Bedroom wanker. No one wants to play Cacophony/RacerX/Opeth/Megadeth/Metallica/Pantera/Cynic/YJM's bastard child!
                Well I would if you scratched the pantera and opeth
                "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Im in a original band but we have trouble getting gigs but we do play out
                  "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                  Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I am in a Garage band, though its more like my living room, that just has fun and I am in a cover band that is close to getting gigs. Just trying to finalize our singer.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I jam with guys all the time, but have only played 3 shows, like 3 years ago.
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I'm in a band with myself, we don't get too many gigs, though.

It's just a hobby for me at this point... I guess I'd race motorcycles or something but it's a lot harder to get killed playing the guitar.

Comment

I am in a cover band. We were playing out with some fair regularity. Local rock club, biker party type gigs. Breaking in a new singer right now. We play Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Motley Crue etc.

http://www.myspace.com/dmznj I don't know why the audio player has Maiden's Aces High on it. I don't edit or run our myspace page. I wish we sounded that good.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Another cover band here, been together almost a year and things are starting to pick up quite nicely. We just did a couple of festivals that have really gotten us some good exposure (AND we got paid! ). It's kinda nice to have the bars calling us instead of the other way around. Last band I was in was when I was in high school, 24 years ago. Funny how life can sidetrack things...
                            Greg

'86 Model 1
                            '87 Model 2
                            '88 Model 3A
                            '88 Model 3DR
                            '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Original band here...southern fried metal..usually playing 2-3 times a month..but it's been summer, guys are on vacation and what not. Got a show Friday..then down for a bit, just til we line up something else.

shameless plug: www.myspace.com/chroniclesofmayhem

All the songs on there are live tracks though, next on the agenda..hitting the studio.

Comment

Working...
                              X