Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• song test mix for our upcoming CD

Sup?

Like the title says,, I'm working on this mix from some tracks that were given to me to work with. It was tracked somewhere else then given to me, but I did my my guitar tracks here at my place and I thought I'd put it up in a few places to get some opinions and the such from where it stands now.

EDITED>>>UPDATED VRS.

Hantise net1C - RE-tweaked .........Test mix for the Lychesis CD.

MOSHON
    DAVE
    Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 04-27-2010, 10:50 PM.
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Sounds great man, the guitar sounds excellent - great band too - finding quality singers like that is a jackpot, any style.
    I don't have much to nit pik for you - hah, maybe that the guitar on the right is a bit buried making the stereo field feel like it leans to the left.

What's your bands name?

Comment

What he said! Good stuff.

So you guys are in AL? Check out the link in my sig, maybe we can hook up if you want to do some shows out this way.
      I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Awesome stuff mate, very epic

Trem is correct, stick a bit more guitar in your right speaker and it`ll sound perfect... although I know there would be a compromise with the keyboards being more on the right..
        perhaps you could balance the keyboard somewhere in the middle (maybe 60/40)

Sort of reminds me of a heavier Queensryche. Love it!

All the best.
        Pete.

www.vendetta-theband.com
        www.vendetta-theband.com
        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Guitar sounds excellent! The mix overall, I think is very, very good as far as levels.

Comment

+1 to what Trem said balance L vs R is a little off with L being more than R. But great song, Dave! The vocals are amazing!!
            Sam

Comment

It sounds REALLY good. I like the composition and the feel of it. My only little nitpick would be that the singer seemed a little low and hidden in the beginning. I was struggling to hear him. But, that could just be my fucked up ears. =)

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

That was a pretty darn good mix if I do say so myself.

Comment

Sup?

Sup?
                  Thank you for even giving it a listen guys I appreciate it.

I gave it a few tweaks ,,,raised the right GTR, and raised the main Vocal (some of the secondary voices also) brought some low end back to the kick, and automated a couple things, and a couple little other things.

Let me know if this one is any better, and/or what else it might need.
                  The orig link will take you to the updated vrs.

Once again, Thanks for giving it a listen guys, Your opinions and critiques are very much appreciated,, as I don't know how get better without hearing about what I might be doing wrong

TREM...This particular band is called LYCHESIS..I'm the stunt guitarist
                  and I guess ....now the mixing guy

Lychesis's profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

FORREST.... Thanks for the offer brother,, I will definitely keep you in mind.

MOSHON
                  DAVE
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Guitars sound much better balanced now. Vocals still seem slightly "buried"in the beginning...but hey, I don't know f-all about mixing. It might not be a volume thing....and clean vocals always seem low to me the first few times I hear a song.
                    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Sup?

I had a chance to work on this some tonight and have addressed the issues that have been noted here and a couple other places. I had tried to be kinda conservative with the vocals before as they were not exactly the best examples that could have been given to me, and sometimes(to me anyway) his voice can sound kind of abrasive.

Anyway,, I did a few tweaks, a little automation, and a bump here and there. See how that sounds now.

Once again guys,, thanks for giving it a listen, you all have been a great help.

MOSHON
                      DAVE

Comment

Dave..fuggin' amazing. Your playing..it pumps blood into the Dark Marsupial. It's now fully engorged!

I want a copy of this fuck when your done..godammit!

BIll Z Bub

..I love metal...I love it soooooo baaaad!!! ()<<< happy tears!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Very good stuff instrumentally. Vocals are out of tune in some places and in some parts he sings into his nose. Same goes for the backing vocals.

Comment

Working...
                          X