Progress my friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress my friends

As Ive mentioned earlier, my band writes whatever we write with no real style or genre in mind, we just TRY to keep it heavy. Sometimes though, we just write something out of left field.

The following studio note, is somewhat reminiscent of an 80s style ballad, from the vocals to the what will be a solo ridden anthem.

This is just a studio note, keep that in mind as the transitions are rough in places and the mixing is horrible.

We start out with an intro with a teaser solo by me. After the song goes dirty, its 4 repetitions of the dirty riff with a solo by the other guitarist. Then 4 repetitions with the verse, then 2 repetitions of the chorus riff. After that is 4 repetitions of the verse riff with dueling solos alternating me, Justin, me, Justin. Then the verse, chorus outline again and end on the last open chord.

There are no solos at the moment so we can write to it, though we practice off the cuff at rehearsal.

So, anyhow, here it is.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Nice! Show's lots of promise. (I'm a sucker for 80's ballads.) If you don't mind me saying so, I think the heavier part sounds a bit more confident and developed than the softer part.
    I think it'd be really interesting, if you have the time and inclination, to see periodic posts of this so we can hear how the song develops and get an insight into your band's creative process.
    My other signature says something funny

Comment

I usually do post as we progress things. The softer part normally would be just as tight, but we decided to change who plays that part so I could solo over it in the begining. The other guitarist had only been playing that progression of chords about 10 min before we recorded that, he hadnt quite got the picking rhythm of it down yet. I had been doing an odd timing of hammering on and pulling off a couple of notes while strumming the chords that he was trying to duplicate. I cant wait to get a version of it with solos on it. The transition of soft to heavy is still rough too as were trying to get that pause for the roll into the heavy tight. Well probably start tracking that tune for real this weekend.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
      X