Does this sound familiar to anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound familiar to anyone???

It does to me unfortunately, I am hoping Im wrong and its mine, but it sounds familiar to me. I want to find out if anyone recognizes it before I bring it to the table at practice this week.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

FUCK!!! Its practically note for note 3 Days Grace- Time of Dying.

Comment

Well, it may as well be original since I haven't a clue of 3DG.

...nice tone!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of just put the kids HSM USB mic down in front of my 6505+ and let 'er eat. Wasnt real technical with placement, got lucky. Ive been using that USB mic and my laptop to capture notes so I dont forget things. I wish I had the setup we have at the studio at home, but lets face it, dont have the room. My bedroom looks like a music store as it is already.

Comment

Here Horns, more 6505+ in drop C this time. Again, just the USB mic and some bad transitions.

Comment

Wow..that gives a definite 'tude right there. Oh, 6505+..well, that certainly explains the tone right there. Those are GREAT amps . My son just bought one..with his very own money.

Sounds heavy..the kinda tone I go for myself!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Here Horns, more 6505+ in drop C this time. Again, just the USB mic and some bad transitions.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...=10844115&q=hi

This one sounds a little bit like My Dying Bride. :-)
              2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
              Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Fuck, Ill have to check into that, though this time I know I havent heard that, dont even know who does it.

EDIT: Oh that IS the band. Hey and look, they use 5150s. Is there a particular song it sounds like?
                Last edited by Twitch; 07-12-2011, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I just compared the two riffs (the 3DG ones), and I like your riff better. It's different enough that you could use it.
                  My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Disturbed's Stupify. Killer tone and great playing!
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                      I just compared the two riffs (the 3DG ones), and I like your riff better. It's different enough that you could use it.
                      Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                      Kind of reminds me of Disturbed's Stupify. Killer tone and great playing!
                      Thanks guys. I had forgotten about this. Its fun to play, but we(my band) sat down and went over it and decided while its different, its too close for our comfort. Were happy just being told we sound like Motorhead and in one online mag, Kirk Hammet(take that for what its worth).

http://www.targetaudiencemagazine.co...ark1_Nov08.php Third band review down.
                      Last edited by Twitch; 08-25-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

That's awesome man! That made me think, how sick would it be if we could talk jackson into putting on a jcf tour at a few major cities across the US?
                        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                        X