Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mix, any tips/advice?

Hey JCF'ers ..

Havent been around much lately, but like to post stuff when I come around. Always got great advice on improving mixes on the JCF forum

I just finished a recent mix, and was curious if anyone could offer any tips. I only monitor on my Behringer B2031A's and my Denon AH-d2000 headphones.

Anyhow..

If anyone listens and can offer any feedback it would be appreciated.

Everything is done by me. Songwriting/Playing/Singing/Mixing&Mastering...

Nothing professional, but you know how it goes! If anyone has any suggestions it is appreciated!

Sounds pretty awesome to me. Someone will probably be by with actual advice. Hahaha.

Comment

I like it, sounds good. The only things that jump out at me, and these are preference things really, is it's a little light in the bass and the hard panned crash cymbals really stand out against the rest of the imaging.

Comment

I have no problem with the hard-panned cymbals, mostly because it does stand out in the stereo field but doesn't step on the guitars. And for this style, the bass is blending well by doubling the root note of the guitar chords or holding a pedal tone, and doesn't need to be "busy" or "prevalent" all the way through, it just has to be "present".

Only things I'd change are the "ow ow ow ow" in the chorus background, as it's not really needed what with the harmonized guitar parts providing adequate backing, drop the "breath" at the end of each line, (but that's just me), and there's an extra "sting" (bass, drums, and rhythm guitar doing an extra hit) during the interlude starting at 3:33 which I'd try leaving out.

Other than that, the mix itself is nice and balanced and suits this style.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sounds nice to me. I would rise the bass volume, and the lower end of the entire mix a little bit. Other than that, it's a pretty good job.

Comment

Sounds Great. The Bass is fine here. The only thing that stands out is the cymbals being a little too hard panned...as mentioned. They kind of distract, too much left and right back and forth. That would be something that would probably bother me if it was mine. Dig the toms, they are meaty..they are something i have a problem getting to stand out myself. Otherwise, Good Work, Killer song, singing, playing... i'd be happy Pressed play again, so..

Comment

Working...
            X