Another Work In Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Work In Progress

Here's another one I'm working on, called Alice.

http://newcenstein.com/mp3/Album/Alice-mix2012-3.mp3

It's slightly influenced by classic Nightmare/Killers/Babies-era Alice Cooper.

Not sure if I want to do any solos or just leave it as it is.

I do want to see if I can conjure up a classic raspy fuzz tone in the 1101 for the second section (with the phaser). The tone it has now is a bit smoother than I'd like.

The end is a bit loose as well. Originally it had the same drum pattern from beginning to end, so that set the tempo. I took out the drums from the second part, and then used a better pattern for the end, but that's as close as I could get it without redoing the bass and guitar. I'll redo those, though, so they match the drums and everything's tighter.

I started working on this sometime last year, and can't remember what chords I used. I had them in a GP5 file on another hard drive (along with some snippets I was working on) but it fell off the shelf and the drive is now toast
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I'm not familiar with any of the influences you mention, so my opinion should be taken with a huge grain of salt...

I really liked the first part. Although totally different, it reminded me of Zep's Dazed And Confused. I didn't like the harsh guitar chords that came in around the 1 minute mark. For me, I'd rather the earlier eerie stuff had a longer time to develop. I'm not sure where i stand on the phaser part, maybe it's a bit disjointed? But I thought it came together again at the end.
    My other signature says something funny

Comment

Thanks for the comment.

It really does sound disjointed if you're not familiar with classic Alice - most people go for the Hey Stoopid and other recent material, which I really didn't like. The old stuff was more psychedelic with a lot of ensemble parts (i.e. roughly structured - not as loose as freestyle Jazz but not as tight as prog, and each section was more of a collection of riffs for the trippers to trip on).
      This is closer (to me) to a mashup of Dead Babies, Halo Of Flies, and The Awakening, just without the vocals. Or piano. Or compositional quality
      Basically it's like listening to a marathon session of Killer, Nightmare, and Billion Dollar Babies, then 6 months later trying to recall any of it from memory

Still, I like it. Still debating on adding Nightmare-ish horns to the last section to double the guitar.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I like all the screaming
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, that section needed "something". I was trying to find a good crowd "yeah!" or "hey!" cheer, but settled on the cheesy B-Movie screams

Comment

Sup?

I can dig it,,,the second half would be great for a build up scene in a Zombie killing movie

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
            X