Some acoustic stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some acoustic stuff

Did this with the fostex 16 track recorder I just received in the mail a few hours ago. Had to figure it out so I could take it to band practice... three tracks on this one, recorded at once, two vetta tracks in stereo and an SM57 close mic'd to the soundhole. It picked up my fret hand squeaks and my ferret rattling his cage when I started.

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/acousticfostexnofix.mp3

All the fx/etc were done in the VF16... I didn't sweeten it in the PC, wanted to see what I could do with the built in stuff on the Fostex. So far, so good. We'll have to see how it does with the whole band on sunday.

...back to building pedals and amps...

Pete

Re: Some acoustic stuff

Sounded pretty good to me. I am a big triumph fan.

Comment

Nice sound! Great playing as always too. I was actually assigned this song to learn by my guitar teacher about a year ago but never got past the intro. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice job, Pete. I like that a lot! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I listened real hard, but I couldn't hear your ferret. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Nice job, Pete. I like that a lot! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I listened real hard, but I couldn't hear your ferret. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Em

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! Listen for the rattling at the beginning... it almost sounds like percussion. Maybe he was jamming with me at the beginning? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I like that. Good job.

Comment

Thanks man!

Pete

Comment

That's TWICE you said "Thanks MAN" to two ladies in this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] *ducks out of the way* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ladies? I thought you guys ran em all off the board! Hehehe... apologies if I had the wrong gender. 'doh.

Pete

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No problemo. This lady is sticking around for a little while.

Had a listen again, okay, not sure if I hear accompanying ferret but maaaaybe that little percussive in the beginning. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Sounds beautiful to me all the same, nice touch with the harmonics.

Em

Comment

Working...
                    X