Some new Division tunes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new Division tunes...

...recorded at MCR. (Our own Matt Crooks' place.)

Guitars are a Mesa Road King through a Recto 4-12 with Celestion 90s. Mic is a Beyer ribbon, preamps were Avalon and Neve, depending on the track.

Comments appreciated, both on the sound and performance.

New Division Songs
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Re: Some new Division tunes...

Damn close [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The mic is Royer 122 ribbon. The pre was an Avalon 2022 for all rhythms. Leads were through the Avalon or through a Neve 1272.

...and most importantly for this forum....

The guitars were all Jacksons:

Custom Shop Tribal Rhoads
    Custom Shop Interference Rhoads
    Custom Shop 7 String Rhoads
    Custom Shop 7 String Pointy Star
    Custom Shop 7 String Soloist (Mike's)
    Late 80's Dinky (Mike's)
    Early 90's Archtop Soloist Pro
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Eh, Beyer, Royer, it's all the same after four cups of coffee...

Comment

I checked out Remebrance, and I dig it! I cannot comment on the tone because I was listening through a crappy PC speaker here at work... but I love the Mesa tone so I'm sure I'd dig it. The playing was good, as was the singing. You guys definitely rock! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

***Edit*** Just listened to all of the them. Children of the Stone was kick ass too!

Comment

Nice...dig the harmony and the panning of the solos on Remembrance [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Good solid Metal.

I love the melodic parts and the solo on Paradise Lost, the song itself is not my bag baby!

Children of the Stone, great song and cool harmony.

I'd love to see you guys live, great band.

I like the rhythm tone and harmony guitars.

Overall...it kicks some serious ass, killer band. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] nicely mixed and arranged. I want the CD [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Just listened to Remembrance. Very cool. Is that the same singer you've had? I remember downloading Tapping The Vein awhile ago and didn't really dig the singer. Sounds better now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wow that's bad ass stuff. what tuning are you guys in? I'm not sure since i'm tone deaf.. E flat?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                wow that's bad ass stuff. what tuning are you guys in? I'm not sure since i'm tone deaf.. E flat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct - Eb it is.

I completely lost this thread - I went to ProgPower right afterwards and, um, drank a bit much - but thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Hopefully, our label shopping will go well, and we'll be able to release this thing!

Mike

Comment

Cool shiot! You guys should open for Megadeth....or vice versa!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The intro is very 'Blackened' like. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I love rememberance! Great stuff!
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Just listened to Remembrance. Very cool. Is that the same singer you've had? I remember downloading Tapping The Vein awhile ago and didn't really dig the singer. Sounds better now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how long ago that was. Nick's been in the band for a little over two years now, and I have no idea how many different versions of "Tapping" we might have posted here....

Anyway, glad you like it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Good stuff Mike and Matt! Performance points : 9 (IMO the drums are lacking a bit of "gutsiness") Guitars all sound killer though....leads are sharp and focused! I especially like the way the bass shook my floor via the subwoofer on "Rememberence"!

Good luck with the label shopping doods! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Powerfull tunes here!tones/mixing fits like a glove
                          well done

Comment

Working...
                          X