Jeff Beck's Lovers - 2203 YJ's and Hot Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck's Lovers - 2203 YJ's and Hot Mod

Dicking around recording my amps. I did this take with the Marshall JCM800 2203 that has THD Yellow Jackets (now about 20 watts) and a Soldano Hot Mod which gives the amp a lot more gain.

Charvel, straight into the Marshall, SM57 on the 1960A, ART Studio V3 tube mic pre amp into my PC and the new version of Guitar Tracks Pro (dunno if I like it or not). Only thing I added was some reverb during the mixdown.

loads of mistakes, what the hell I played it straight through....you get the jist of the amp tone. I backed down the guitar volume during the verses and opened it up during the solo.

http://shawnlutz.com/beck_lovers_marshall.mp3

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Re: Jeff Beck\'s Lovers - 2203 YJ\'s and Hot Mod

Nice playing, interesting tone. A little high endy for my tastes, but good stuff.

Nice job!

Pete

Comment

thanks Pete. I noticed that today at work on a different machine that didnt have a sub woofer, way too much on the treble side and too loud in the mix
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Fantastic! Any mistakes, as you said, I didn't hear them! You probably were listening to the Beck recording too much! LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You got your own feel in there, GREAT!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Hey man, kickass playing and good tone also!
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Cool, I enjoyed it alot.

Comment

hey,you guys are too cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thanks, I really appreciate the kind words.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn, nice job. Playing was real good, and I liked the tone too.

Comment

Dynamic playing with plenty of feeling Shawn,tone is a lil bright..lol..as mentioned,but not too bright as to ruin it.
                    no big flubs that i could hear,well done*shakes hands* [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Steveo and Justin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn that was too cool,nice playing & tone bro!! I gotta get off my ass & play more,thanx for the inspiration!!

Comment

Wow I used to do that song in a band when I was in High School! haven't listened to it in years. Very Nice take on it, tone sounds good on my headset, sh*t I think I'll dig that up tonight when I get home and re learn it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                          X