Korg Pandora PXR-4???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg Pandora PXR-4???

What's up guys, can I get your opinions on the Korg PXR-4, which is a 4-Track Digital Recorder [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]. I've already read the reviews on Harmony Central and I'd like to see what my JCF brothas' thought! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Korg Pandora PXR-4???

I love mine.. very cool little 4 track. I found it a little tricky to get about on the menu at first..but if you have the manual and a 16mb+ smart media card and some batteries, you are on your way to having some fun after getting thru the experimentation stage. I found the manual was leaving a little bit to be desired in how it described how to obtain certain things. There are a whole lot of cool sounds on that thing for its size. Perfect for the guitar case or briefcase on the road.

Not to mention I paid a stupid cheap price as it was the GC demo on sale...75.00 and still covered under warranty.

Comment

I love mine as well. Charvelguy is right about the menu. It takes a bit to get used to. You can download the manual at Korg's site if you want to take a look. It fits well inside a guitar case. I recently started taking a guitar into work with me so I can practice at lunch. I use the PXR4 as my practice amp.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Can you guys tell me about all the "V-Amps" that it has and the cool sounds you can get??? Also, with some "extra" work on the computer, do you think that I could get some "CD-quality" recordings???

Comment

It has pretty much all the things you would expect as far as amp tones go. Everything from early fuzz to hi-gain and things in between. It has an acoustic modeler as well. You can then select various cabinets from a 1x8 Tweed to a few different 4x12's. After that you have the usual suspects of effects. There is a 4 band eq and quite a few modulation effects and delays and reverb. Since it's all digital you can get very good quailty recordings. I wouldn't say the modeling is as accurate as a POD but it's very acceptable.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I recently started taking a guitar into work with me so I can practice at lunch. I use the PXR4 as my practice amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the primary thinking of my purchase as well.
            I will keep a beater in the cars backseat all the time. With this I can put it in a briefcase and lay down ideas on lunch or if I have a little time to kill before a shift start and I have a few ideas bouncing around.

I'm just setting a system up to record midi files to computer. The PXR4 is going to be one of the primary ways I record to disk or Zip drive. There are other products out there too, Zoom makes a few mini recorders that competes with the Korg which looks competitive. I think they have a couple 4 tracks as well as a 2 or 3 track you should check out their website also. One is the MRS4, which is scaled down version of the larger MRS8 track. Another palm sized is Zoom PS-04.

The V amp is pretty cheap now as is the J-station.. altho Behringer seems to be agressively marketing to compete with the Pod market whereas the J-station has fallen away.

I haven't tried the V2, so soundwise I couldn't comment much on it but it seems alot of guys like them and it a sucessful product. The Pod 2.0 is pretty affordable now as well-under 200.00.
            I think they all have usable sounds for recording. Pod seems to have their own niche and has some great models. Jstation and other units that do not have a USB out, you have to use a midi converter like a Midisport and then software for mixdown.

I guess it really depends on your ears, budget, your present system and how much it will require to upgrade to recording midi. If you need multitrack capability in a portable unit, and if you require a drum machine, the korg is nice unit. I'm looking at the GNX4 as well..if the price goes down to a reasonable level like 200-250..then I'd like to snag one.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
              X