X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleheart: Scottish Steel

Battleheart!
    Scottish Pirate Metal.

Hahah, this is done for fun, we're a 2.5 piece, enjoy.

Vox: Rob
    Guitars: Me
    Keybaords: Chris Bowes
    Bass: Keyboard player's left hand
    Drums: Meedee

Drink some rum and bang your head.

http://razorback.ca/sinergy/Battlehe...The%20Seas.mp3

Re: Battleheart: Scottish Steel

Haha that was awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I loved the high pitched scream.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Scottish pirate metal... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Man, that was highly entertaining and enjoyable. The true spirit of what a good song should be. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Fellow Scotsman.
        That shit was awesome. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.
        Diggin the cannons!

Comment

that was great fellow celt [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

good stuff-the drums and guitar mix seems too wet and too far away for the samples and vocals when they enter-kind of stick out like a sore thumb-but it shivered me timbers and all that Pirate malarky

Comment

Don't worry, we're redoing it with a mix that took more than 2mins, a new vocalist, and good drum samples [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

we put this out for fun, the real stuff (2 more songs and a cover) will sound better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is a new updated version with a different vocalist and i'm running drumkit from hell on it.

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...Z1NICEPGQZ5V9B

(until i can get into my server to properly upload it)

i want comments on my mix cause this was the first serious attempt at a mix i've ever done, so comment on the mix first and foremost...

Comment

The keyboards are drowned out a little, and are more prominent / sound better in the first version.
                  The drums are washed out in the mix.
                  The vocals are definitely a lot stronger in the new version but could do with a little more volume in the mix.
                  Everything needs a little more treble / high ends.
                  This is all though my Marshall deafened ears though.
                  A good way of getting a good mix is by listening to some of your favourite songs through the same speakers you are working through and comparing. If you aren't using professional studio monitors, try a few different speakers, and also try headphones until you have a happy medium. Sound varies a tonne through different speakers.
                  I love this tune though. Its a keeper. F'n rocks.

Comment

Thanks a load for the comments man, i've noticed that on my spakers drums and keybaords are too loud, and on everyone elses they're too quiet, hahaha it's just wierd...
                    I'll be posting a few more versions here for opinions cause input is greatly appreciated.
                    Cheers bro...

got 3 more songs to get vox on / upload [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Definatly bring up the vocals and the drums. The keys sound fine to me where they are but I'm not a big fan of keys and prefer them in the background.

Comment

Working...
                      X