(Origin Unknown) Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Origin Unknown) Demo

This seems like a good place to whore out my band so here ya go. Give me some feedback! I play bass in this band in case you care.

Artist: (Origin Unknown)
    Genre: Metal
    URLs, File Sizes, and Times:
    1 - Decide 4.91mb / 5:21
    2 - I Shouldn't Be Here 6.89mb / 6:38
    3 - 49 Days 6.73mb / 7:05
    4 - Deception of Perception 4.32mb / 4:01

Like I said, please give us any feedback you can, especially if you enjoy heavy music. Sorry, we play BC Rich and Ibanez, but maybe you people can convert us.

Re: (Origin Unknown) Demo

Forgot to mention, you if you enjoy our stuff you can also check out our myspace page at www.myspace.com/originunknownmusic

Our singer and drummer used to play for Reflux (now signed to Metal Blade/Prosthetic) so if you are a Reflux fan or a fan of progressive hardcore/metal in general definitely check us out.

Comment

Sounds like you guys pulled a St. Anger

Who forgot to mix in the leads/solo's?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Sounds like you guys pulled a St. Anger

Who forgot to mix in the leads/solo's?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does our music have to do with St. Anger? We have no oil can snare drum.

And why do we need leads to write a good song? Shit, at least write a review telling us why we suck, not a two sentence, half-assed trashing.

Comment

You've never taken a PR class, have ya sparky?
          [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
          Perhaps 'thetroy' likes songs with leads in 'em.
          [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Good mix, solid grooves. Singer needs to mix it up a bit more. One guitar has a great tone, one sounds just like Toejams man-teats rubbing together in a pool. I'm sure you know which is which...

All in all a solid project.

NOTE:
          There's room for about 15 bands of this style to make a living.
          You are number 15,059.
          Have a nice day.
          [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You've never taken a PR class, have ya sparky?
            [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
            Perhaps 'thetroy' likes songs with leads in 'em.
            [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Good mix, solid grooves. Singer needs to mix it up a bit more. One guitar has a great tone, one sounds just like Toejams man-teats rubbing together in a pool. I'm sure you know which is which...

All in all a solid project.

NOTE:
            There's room for about 15 bands of this style to make a living.
            You are number 15,059.
            Have a nice day.
            [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Fair enough, at least you gave me some decent feedback.

Although, I can name A LOT more than 15 bands making a living playing hardcore/metal...actually I could probably name 15 bands on ONE LABEL doing this "style" of music.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Comment

Try to be a little less reactive - you'll get much better response.
              [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

98% of all 'signed' bands fail to make enough to recoup their recording costs, and find themselves in perpetual servitute to the label. 'Signed' does not equal successfull.

The difference is ususally the industry savvy of the band - not the music or quality thereof. Check out http://www.berkleemusic.com/ - their online business classes are outstanding.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Well I wasn't being "reactive" I just wanted feedback, which I assumed this forum was for. The first reply was not any type of constructive criticism. If you are going to defend the troll, go for it, whatever.

As far heavy bands making a living, I personally know quite a few that do quite well who are "signed"...I never said a thing about a major label. I just came to this forum and posted my band's demo to see if some people might dig it, and you are telling me to go take "online business classes"....come on now.

Comment

Ok my reply wasn't made to be taken too seriously. What I really think: you're as good to my ears as any other band in the genre (keep in mind I don't particularly like or understand the genre). I thought some of the transitions within songs were a little shaky and the songs might be a bit long. There were several parts of the songs that I liked, but as a whole it didn't do much for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X