Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Vid? Why not.

What the hell.. why not.

Everybody should post a small clip of them playing.

But...

First... the excuses.

I have to explain a few things.

I was carjacked and shot in feb 1997. The bullet went out my back and partially severed my spinal cord. My left side was completely paraylized including my left arm and leg. I got most of my control back in my arm and leg through therapy. But it has never been the same.

I gave up on playing .

I sold all my guitars.

Recently within the last year and a half I started playing again.

I had to re-learn the guitar all over again with my left hand.

I was at one time a pretty decent player.

So.. if it sounds a little sloppy you'll know why.

Guitar Bits

Re: Another Vid? Why not.

Jaw dropping to the floor... Holy crap! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Monster playing, you just look so damn comfortable flying around on those fretboards! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Looks like you've worked hard and it definitely pays off. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Congratulations on your progress. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

You were ONCE a DECENT player!?

"I was carjacked and shot in feb 1997. The bullet went out my back and partially severed my spinal cord. My left side was completely paraylized including my left arm and leg. I got most of my control back in my arm and leg through therapy. But it has never been the same." DAMN!

Suddenly I feel the urge to practice...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]that was great! how much better were you before???????????
        subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
        www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

cool stuff bro-YJM had a car accident too that paralized him down his fretting hand side but he pushed himself to play again..lol..one of my old teachers damaged the tendons so badly in his hand he had to change from lefty to righty!and he still sounded amazing-but moaned saying he looked better as a lefty anyway cool playing there and liked you axes

Comment

Holy crap...... Smokin playin there!! I don't think you need to make any excuses! How close would you say you are now playing wise to where you were before your injury? And by the way nice axes my friend!

Comment

Wow! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] That's really all I have to say about both the playing and you getting shot and paralyzed and then working your way up again!

Anders
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Excellent playing.

Comment

Well ... another one blows me away ... time to practice ... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

After that story and hearing your playing, I'm blown away. I'm glad you found it again. I really need to practice.

Thanks for the clip!
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Man, you just look really comfortable like 'yeah whatever suckers' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] really cool plauing though [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys.

As far as how I play different today. My left hand is slow to responding to what my brain tells it. So my picking had to be changed because it was out of sync. Basicly I dont pick much. I let the left hand do the work.

I think I was a smoother player 10 years ago,

I'm no expert. I dont know any theory. Never had any lessons. I just play.

Someone post more vids plz.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hooooooooooly shit! Smokin'! See, this is why I like the vids lately. I love watchin' our members play. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Are you f'n sh*tting me?
                            I would love to see a before clip of you! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Smoking!
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Someone post more vids plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a bit and I'll have one of me shooting myself! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X