Solo with band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo with band

Since I haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd put this up here. It's a solo from a song called "Tradgedy". I posted a video of me playing it about a year ago, but here's the "studio" version. It's actually a bit longer, but the guys recorded the backing tracks when I wasn't there and ended it four bars too soon. Anyway, let me know what you think. Any comments/criticism is appreciated. It was recorded in a local studio, and I used my Wolfgang > J-Station > Board.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me...11098_proj.mp3

Re: Solo with band

That bad? Com'on guys, how about a little constructive criticism? The tone may be lacking, but what about the solo itself?

Comment

its not bad at all mate,well done

i love your riffing tone used but to my ears anyway you could add some more midrange to your lead tone to fatten her up a bit.Nothing major-we all hear things diferently anyway

and post longer clips next time

Comment

Thanks for the comment. When I do solos, I like to keep it short since I don't have the chops to keep it interesting for very long LOL. Actually, there is a cool melody thing I did with harmonics that starts off this particular solo, but somehow it got cut off. Also, it is supposed to end with a sweeping thing. Maybe I'll re-record it... I'm curious to get some feedback on it.

I have a bunch of stuff from those sessions in MP3 format, but it was never properly mixed, so I'm kinda apprehensive about posting it.

Comment

post them mateIf you want honest feedback you have no choice but to post them..lol

Comment

good stuff Steve. You played some cool licks in that one. I agree its a little top heavy on the treble, could be my ears though, I like a little thicker lead tone.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

no, it's not bad at all...you did nice controlled things with the trem. I was gonna say,I didn't know what you were using before I listen so I thought "was that a POD?" but I see it was a J-station. J-stations are a little funky to tweak IMO. While the basic sound still exists, once you shut it down, you have to re-tweak all the levels again.

Comment

Working...
              X