Article 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article 13

Hey ya'll. This is my band in Arizona, Article 13, and one of my better songs Done With My Darks. This is about a year old or more, but I know a lot of you missed it the first time around. Well, this is me in a nut shell!
    All rhythms are a Les Paul with EMGs and the leads are a GMW Jake E Lee Blueburst. Amp is a Soldano SLO, Marshall straight front cab with G65 Celestions. Enjoy!

Done With My Darks

Re: Article 13

killer tone and playing

Comment

Thanks Justin.
      We are gonna re-record that song along with five or six others this summer some time. I've got lots of ideas for little fills and stuff that never made it on that track. That was a very rushed recording. One take every time.

Comment

How did you record this Track mate?it sounds realy PRO-killer levels on all the intruments and drums

Comment

A friend's studio. Mackie board/Pro Tools, basically.
          The drums were triggers, cymbals miked, bass direct. Guitar is a 57 close miked.
          It was one take, except for the guitar over dubs and the vocals.

Comment

i thought it was pro gear used,you can easily tell by the fantastic production-those mackie's have great headroom and running into protools is the icing on the cake
            Keep me/us informed of your future tracks,as i like what i hear so far

Comment

Very cool I liked it a lot.I would love to here more. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

WTF? You didn't post this clip before, did you? I remember listening and commenting before but I don't think I was digging it as much as I am now. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I remember the song(s) you posted before had 5-way stereo panning (hard left, middle left, dead center, middle right, and hard right), and you used five guitar tracks with various guitars and various amps or something... of course, I'm usually wrong, so... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bitching tone and playing too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Very awesssome! There's so much grooving going in there! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And that introriff sounds incredibly familiar.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

If that intro riff is a derivative of something you know, I need to know about it!
                    Mark and I are basing a lot on a couple of our songs, this being one of them.

NOTP, I've posted the track before!

Comment

Great Band!
                      Do you still have CD copies?
                      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I may have a couple. I think Mark has a pile of em!
                        PM your addy, I'll send one out to ya!

Comment

It kinda sounds like the riff from "I wanna be your lover" from Van Halen which was an early Unreleased demo track. It's definitely not plagarism though.

I really dug it. Great playing and that Soldano... man I have to get one of those! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I like that one too Chuck. I also still have your other one you posted from the same time "Halcyon Days" and I dig it as well. Great sound and it's good rock 'n roll. I'd love to buy a CD from you if you've still got any or are you going to be doing a new one when you re-record those?

Comment

Eric, PM me your address and I'll get one in the mail to ya.

Thanks so much for the props, guys! It means a lot to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X