Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Article 13

Article 13 web site

Mark has a live band and a studio band now. He just returned from Kansas City where our drummer lives, and got some great tracks for five songs, three of which I haven't heard yet. I'm waiting for my copy of the CD with the demos so I can learn the songs and come up with parts, then I'll fly out to Phoenix for a weekend and record my parts. Sometime later Mark will add his vocals and some guitar parts as he see's fit, and get them printed up.

We have an engineer working exclusivly with us and Mark is producing it with him. He went to Kansas City with Mark to record Tony's drum parts. Everything is on hard disc and pro tools keep it all neat, so no matter what studio we go to, or where, it's the same thing when he loads the tracks.

Check out the music section. There's two songs there and some partials.

Comment

I'll go through my catalogue Chuck and try and find out. But that's going to take a couple of thousand hours. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Chuck! Wow!! That.... was.... frikkin'.... awesome!!!!!! Great recording, outstanding tone, and fantastic riffs!! Plus, the band's playing sounded really tight. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

I love the riffage, but I didn't care for the vocals. Was the singing flat at some placed or am I tonedeaf?

Comment

Like I said, very rushed session...
              There are lots of mistakes in there!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Like I said, very rushed session...
                There are lots of mistakes in there!

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yargh. You are humble. I like that in people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'm more of an ass myself. You are welcome to be my pirate-brother.

/pirate Thoraby

Comment

Yeah I remember when you posted it before - we were making laundry jokes about it - "Done with my darks, now I gotta bleach my whiiiiiiiites" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Killer track [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Chuck! That was killer. I have been writing a little lately(haven't done much since the early 90's) and this has motivated me in a big way! Your tone was outstanding.

Good luck with it!
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Thanks Jim! Even a talentless hack like me can write a huge check and get great tone! You put a mike somewhere in the same room as an SLO, and your done!

Matt, that joke has stuck around with us, too! Mark and I both refer to it as 'The Laundry Song' on set lists and what not!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Thanks Jim! Even a talentless hack like me can write a huge check and get great tone! You put a mike somewhere in the same room as an SLO, and your done!

Matt, that joke has stuck around with us, too! Mark and I both refer to it as 'The Laundry Song' on set lists and what not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool tune Chuck. Tone is in your fingers as much as the gear - the SLO doesn't hurt, but I've heard people make awful sounding recordings with one. You rock and you know it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Looking forward to hearing more stuff - I have Halcyon <sp?> Days saved somewhere around here.

Pete

Comment

hey that intro riff is ZZ Top's...

It sounds pretty cool.

BTW. did you also used room mic for guitar?
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

ZZ Top! That's right! I'm listening to a bunch of songs right now, that's been a loooong time! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hellyeah! Thanks to ZZ Top and Billy Gibbons I started playing guitar.

Sorry for offtopic.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

What song?

Comment

Working...
                                X