Guitarmageddon 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitarmageddon 2005

I'm back. I haven't been on the forum for a while now. I've been playing guitar a lot. Anyway, I was in Guitar Center's Guitarmageddon. Anywone else? I won the store finals, went on the the district finals only to lose to some "so so" player who happens to be representing that store. How ironic. I hate polotics. There were 3 people who would have deserved to win and he was not one of them. Anyway, this is the main tune I used. Anyone who was in the contest has heard this track. The recording was way to hot and compressed and distorted. It was never ment for anyone else to hear, but I figured I'd post it anyway. Let me know what you think.

http://mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.asp?mp3id=16848&aid=3370

Re: Guitarmageddon 2005

i wouldn't have wanted to go up against you...sounds great to me...great melodies, phrasing, tone...all of it...wow...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks! It was fun. I was talked into doing it in the first place. At first, I didn't want anything to do with it. It seemed so "high school" and didn't want to. After I signed up, I really got into it.

Comment

You did an outstanding job. You may not have won, but its pretty obvious you're a dam good guitar player. Keep it up!

Comment

When is your album coming out? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Put me down for pre-order.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

you have a good sense of melody, maybe you would have won if you had played more those fast Gilbert licks [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Anyway good stuff, keep it up [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Ahh one thing, the McAlpine-ish tune you did 16 years ago, your vibrato sounds cooler on that one.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You did an outstanding job. You may not have won, but its pretty obvious you're a dam good guitar player. Keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 that was top notch [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Killer as usual and welcome back! I like the changes you added. Did you get the pool yet? If so, how many beers do I bring! Lol.

Comment

I really like it, great job Jim, your a great player.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

You gotta SEE that string skippin' part! I've got the contest on video and we're going to figure out how to post it!

Comment

EXCELLENT!

Can't wait for that!
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Sounds good bro. Congratz on making it to the final. JG

Comment

Jim is a MONSTER player, and humble as all get out.

Comment

A friend of mine was in Guitarmageddon. Made it to the 2nd round. He's a super badass shredder. He was up against some teenage kid who was good considering his age, but my friend completely blew him away.

Well, guess who won? The kid, of couse. Even the audience was like WTF???

Brad Gillis was a judge. He told my friend afterwards that he should have won but GC management "pursuaded" the judges to vote for a young kid to attract more young kids to the store.

Comment

For two years in a row now, I've signed up for Guitarmageddon and then backed out. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Each time, I got all fired up, then I would hear the backing tracks and go, "yuck!!!!" I couldn't believe that there wasn't a single track out of EIGHTEEN that I liked enough to play with. They need to make a track that has some neoclassical leanings. For most of them, all I find myself doing is wanking around within the blues box, which totally isn't me.

I can't say I'm surprised about the politics, though. I've always suspected that they really wanted an 18-year old with baggy pants and an earring to represent GC.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X