Guitarmageddon 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitarmageddon 2005

I agree with you dude. I played with the disc the night I signed up and didn't think any of the tracks went anywhere. There were a couple that were okay and I picked one of those. As for the "politics" Last year they picked their store guy and the drumoff they also picked their guy. Hmmmm. I think I see a pattern here. Not very fair to anyone is it? I think I'll sign up every year and see how it goes. Or maybe next year I can lie and say I live there and it's a definate win!! You should do it too. There was a couple people who were good but a lot of them should take up sports or something. LOL!

Comment

Definitely some monster playing there, sounds GREAT!

Anders
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

i won the 1st round ,and in the 2nd round i absolutely wailed the ever lovin' piss outta the other guys but the judges were under 18, 3 out of 5 of them were at least. this was in 2002. i was a little pissed cuz i squashed 'em like an ant but what can you do? it's just a lamo contest anyway.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

your playing sounds awesome mate, i really enjoyed listening to it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

It was fun. At first I really wanted nothing to do with it. People I know were trying to get me to enter last year and I wouldn't. I guess I gave in this year. I actually enjoyed it. I really didn't care if I won or not. I got enough small goodies from winning the store finals anyway. I'd do it again. And thanks for the good reviews.

Comment

I won several of those contests in the 80's. If I recall, I also won best guitarist in Westchester County. Usually it was rigged. I still smoked every player I was up against. I used to love making other players wish they had stayed home and practiced. I felt it was kill or be killed and EVERY other guitarist or band was my enemy.I had alot of friends but only off stage. On stage I would tear your friggin head off. I'm glad I don't feel that way anymore.

Comment

Very cool track!

Congratulations. From Vai to Queen for me, a lot in between of course. I liked most of it, it gets a little too like a guitar exercise at some places but i loved the melody lines.

Rock on!

Rodrigo.
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I judged the store finals in Atlanta, and the same thing happened. The guy who won was awesome, went to the regionals and got beat by some young kid with 1/2 the talent. Seems like the judging gets worse as the competition goes along.

Comment

Yeah, that's too bad. But, the one thing that was cool anyway was one of the judges was Gary Hoey.

Comment

Jim,Very Cool-Great Hands- [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      I need not say anything else!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Great playing and excellent note choices!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Excellent

Melodic, tasty and full of tone

More please....
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Thanks! I had a 2 minute solo prepared also, but never recorded it. I remember some of the parts and I'll try to figure out the rest. When I get it, I'll record & post it. There was also another track I had for the second nite which was recorded. I did it on my 4 track and I need to find the tape. I seem to have a problem with labels! "We solute you Mr. tape not labeler"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              i wouldn't have wanted to go up against you...sounds great to me...great melodies, phrasing, tone...all of it...wow...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, really a great groove, and nice phrasing. Very mature playing, shows nice note choice, dynamics, pacing....really displayed nice control. Very little negative I would be able to find with this, in fact it has that ability to draw you in to listening while leaving a feel good effect on ya.

I have ask...is that a ex heavy pick? or a metal one?

Comment

For picks I use D'Andrea classic celuloid 1.21 mm. And thanks for not finding anything wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X