No announcement yet.

Just some small, stupid little thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some small, stupid little thing...

Ok, so I got into this argument on another forum, about whether EMGs were just for metal or not. So I had to make this to make a point. It's just some semi-improvised junk over a clean passage. Thought I might as well post it here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.joghans.se/images/EMGsounds/ALF2k5_00.mp3

Re: Just some small, stupid little thing...

That was really nice stuff. Very melodic and it seemed to be relevant to the tune. Don't call it junk!

Comment

Thanks! Well the thing is, that I definitely could make it better with some planning.

I think I'll keep working on the song though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Fiddled with it some, and it turned out like a cross between Fields of the Nephilim and Blind Guardian (???)... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

http://www.joghans.se/images/EMGsounds/ALF2k5_02.mp3

So, who wants to help me come up with a title for this song? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds cool!!! Nice work.

Comment

the lead tone is god awful, sorry. :P

Comment

Sounds good to me.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Sounds really good to me musically but agree that the tone isn't that great! But great little dark intro nonetheless! One question....wasn't this suppose to show that EMGs could be used for more than metal? Your clip sounds pretty dark and metal to me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I suppose metal is running too strong in my blood to just go away. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bad lead tone hmm? Mind telling me what's wrong with it? I thought this was pretty much the best I could coax out of this crappy little guitar box. I was a lot more disappointed with the clean sound myself.

Comment

it just sounds like a plastic guitar, i dunno. i dont want to sound like a jerk so i wont say anymore. im just a tone snob

Comment

Hehe, tone snob eh? Well, I agree that it does sound very synthetic. The Zoom box I'm playing through doesn't have the greatest distortion to begin with, and I think I lost whatever natural tone that was left with the effects that I added in Reason.

The funny thing is that I was actually trying to hold back on the gain to get a more natural sound. Most of the guitars were recorded with a mix of neck/bridge pickup, and with the volume turned down to about 75%. But I think all it accomplished was killing the sustain. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X