First JSX clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First JSX clip

Pete always has some common elements to his tone, this is obviously to do with the fact that he knows exactly what he wants. I think I know what you are trying to say here..."The notes sound like you are almost forcing the sustain out" That’s Pete’s tone...I think it's cool that Pete chose a Sykes tune cuz that’s very much along those lines of a tone that gets it's sustain from something other than gain saturation. I would say Pete "Squeezes" the sustain rather than "Forces". I definitely don’t think "Generic" when I hear this.

I agree Shawn...We should post clips and let people comment and guess before we give a break down of the equipment used. I think many would be surprised...Besides I really need to hear jgcables tone...With all the different gear you rave about from various solid-state heads to GT-6 to Flextone to a MTS 3200 to Boogie and everything in between. One would come to the conclusion you are chasing your tone but, I'm sure with all your experience you have a pretty good idea what it is and you are able to coax it out of anything but...I need to hear this tone! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No disrespect either John...Don't take me wrong but, you are quite an enigma to me. You are not a typical "Tone snob" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I would love to have you around whenever I get new gear cuz I bet you are relentless until you get it all figured out...I am not so patient. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Pete always has some common elements to his tone, this is obviously to do with the fact that he knows exactly what he wants. I think I know what you are trying to say here..."The notes sound like you are almost forcing the sustain out" That’s Pete’s tone...I think it's cool that Pete chose a Sykes tune cuz that’s very much along those lines of a tone that gets it's sustain from something other than gain saturation. I would say Pete "Squeezes" the sustain rather than "Forces". I definitely don’t think "Generic" when I hear this.

I agree Shawn...We should post clips and let people comment and guess before we give a break down of the equipment used. I think many would be surprised...Besides I really need to hear jgcables tone...With all the different gear you rave about from various solid-state heads to GT-6 to Flextone to a MTS 3200 to Boogie and everything in between. One would come to the conclusion you are chasing your tone but, I'm sure with all your experience you have a pretty good idea what it is and you are able to coax it out of anything but...I need to hear this tone! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No disrespect either John...Don't take me wrong but, you are quite an enigma to me. You are not a typical "Tone snob" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I would love to have you around whenever I get new gear cuz I bet you are relentless until you get it all figured out...I am not so patient. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken bro... its all good.

Comment

Very Nice Pete ..playing and tone..very smooth..and very Satch-ish..

Good work man.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

sounds great to me. definitely very midrangey, but not too honky sounding....very marshall like actually.
          however, imho there could be more gain.

Comment

pretty smooth tone, great for some fusion-lead stuff, but not for heavy rock rhythms.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Best amp that I bought for under a grand by far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X