Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new metal song...kickin'!!

hey dudes and dudettes! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

here is a new song that I made recently, I called it Vindication but no lyrics yet (as usual).
    Everything written and recorded by me, drums added by hand with Groove Agent.
    How does it sound? Haven't heard it outside of my monitors yet, well hey! at least I -tried- to mix it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

if you like it, there are a couple more up at my website

I'd really appreciate feedback and criticism (constructive, mind you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) in my guestbook if you stop by!

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Re: Brand new metal song...kickin\'!!

me like! keep the metal faith alive! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks bro! I sure as hell will! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

wow! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        totally kicks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

now THAT grooved. Has a tool feel to it. Heavy and melodic. Gotta love that. Killer tune man, Think ill keep this one on the harddrive [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

thank you bros! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I'm very happy that ya like it. I kinda went for that "tool vibe", so it's cool that should you mention that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds very Good Bro...do you have a singer for that stuff yet?

My Guy would love to sing that stuff..he loves Tool..

He loves tool...hey that sounded kinda gay.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks Bill! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] imagine if I had recorded it with yer Über stack at full blast!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] damn I need to get me a real amp....as far as vocals, good singers don't come around but I'm gonna attempt it myself, I can sing pretty decent but haven't really tried the growl thing, I can cover Sepultura ok...I guess I'm a Cavalera "light" or something [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                the biggest trouble is actually writing satisfactory lyrics...don't want it sounding like something YJM wrote [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I kinda went for that "tool vibe", so it's cool that should you mention that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I listened to the others as well. Your rhythm playing is killer, the type of rhythm's I like to jam to. Good work [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, lotta talent on these boards, gotta visit this section more often. The song definatly kicks ass, I'm not a huge Tool fan, but I do hear that kinda vibe in the music. Still very badass though, I like it!

Comment

Thanks Chris, I take my pride in my rhythm playing, great to hear you say that.

Cool that you like it as well Irfaan! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                      You should check out the other two songs available at my site, they're quite different from the one I posted here.

Comment

Good stuff. Sort of like if Tool went more metal.

Comment

Yo Rune,

"Vindication" is AWESOME. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          I am a huge Tool fan, and yep, I can hear the influence. But you've got your own style.
                          I really enjoyed the interlude at 2:40, that was nice.
                          It sounds excellent through my monitors, very well balanced and a great mix! I love the ending. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          I don't think you necessarily need any vocals at all, I enjoy the simplicity and I believe it can stand just fine on its own. Maybe some sort of ambient plug-ins if you wanted.
                          Very cool.

-Em

Comment

pretty tool....uhh I mean cool [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hey Em!

thanks so much for the kind words. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] it's reassuring that the mix is decent on other ppl's gear....[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I agree, maybe it's just fine on its own without vocals...that is...if Kevin Maynard wanted to sing it I wouldn't say no??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Working...
                              X