Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCF METAL JAM TWO!

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds great Bro! Much more groove to that version great tone!...Hey, shit happens. It's all good! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    So what did you record with?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah no harm done, and I can't blame anyone but myself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The solo lives on its grove though (to cover for my sloppy technique [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), so it fell flat when the timing went out. Still, it was plenty of fun taking part in this. It's definitely a trip to hear all the different styles of the JCF'ers. Creds to Pete for getting this rolling! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anyway, that's a Charvel 750XL with an EMG-85, going into a Zoom 2020 (cheapo FX-unit), and going straight into the soundcard of the PC. Then I added a mid-spike in the EQ + some reverb and delay when I mixed it.

[ QUOTE ]
    I was 1:05-1:36. I just used my Tokai Les Paul standard copy into my V-Amp 2 (modern setting). I would have used my xtrr to keep it Jackson related (Plus it's more of a shreder) but, the Tokai is in standard tuning and my xtrr and fusion are down a full step. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I like it! Awesome technique, and very nice tone there too. What pups do you have in the LP?

Comment

best way to record the leads is to keep the backing in a section of the audio you send.So lets say you play at 30-56 you send in 25-56 with the backing muted at 30.That way its a lot easier for the mixer to slide the audio into the grid using the backing track as a reference-have worked on projects before when my timing has been out on the finished tune when the mixer has cut me in slightly out of sync.
      Anyway back to track here,well done ladssome killer playing here

Comment

Only problem with giving specific slots is that then if you're waiting on someone's submission it holds the whole process up. If everyone uses the same backing and then it's cut into the song wherever needed, you just have to have enough participants numbers wise to fill the slots.

Pete

Comment

Sunbane: The neck pup is stock and the bridge is a Dimarzio dual sound.

Who else.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Since we haven't had a total reveal yet, I had the first slot in this jam.

This was lot of fun, thanks Pete [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Now who else is gonna step forward [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool tx! It was a great start to the jam! Awesome playing Bro!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

<font color="aqua">Well, I guess I'll reveal my own as well since everyone is stepping forward. Mine is 1:37-2:08 and don't laugh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ok, go ahead and laugh.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It was a pleasure jamming with all of you! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

let's say that I always want to be different and silly [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

mine is the very last one...
                    this was actually quite a challenge for me. normally i'm waaay into the whole diminished, harmonic minor etc madness, so in general a more "evil" sound...but i felt this backing called for something "happy" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"It was a pleasure jamming with all of you!"
                    +1
                    you guys rock [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

this is great work guys.

where are you guys getting this backing track from?

cheers

Comment

I had the second slot right after txcharvel [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

This was an awesome idea and hope we can all do this again!!
                        Plus all of you guys rock and it was a pleasure being in a jam with my JCF bros [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Jeremy

Comment

This is how bass players are made...

Comment

I copied both jams 1 & 2 onto my ipod, went for a run last night, got so fired up I ran an extra mile!

Comment

how do you put something on the thing? i don't have anything to do it with, just curious, maybe i will have something soon and would like to know.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

its pretty easy, just drag and drop the MP3 file into iTunes (the desktop software that comes with the ipod), it automatically loads it into the ipod when you sync to the computer. iTunes is a very user-friendly, intuitive "browser" which catalogs and organizes all your MP3 files, videos, etc. to be sync'd to the ipod.

If you're thinking about it, I highly recommend it. My life has changed since getting my ipod. I carry all 1000 song files (my entire library) with me anywhere, plus the new ipods also show video which is extremely cool (music videos, TV shows, movies, video blogs/clips). You control and carry all your media to use wherever/whenever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X