can i get your opinion on our new song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i get your opinion on our new song

hi. my band recorded a song for a benefit album to raise money for the local women's shelter. it isn't really metal, but i want to see what some of you think about the song.

here's the tech stuff that we all love.

recorded on 16 tracks of ADAT, mixed and mastered in a pentium computer using cuebase.

the electric guitars are: (L) a brian moore i8.13.p through a rivera s-120 with a rivera 1x12 cab loaded with an EVM12L, (R) a jackson PC-1 through a rivera KH2 reverb through the same rivera cab. both were mic'd with a sennheiser MD421.

the lead guitar is a fender telecaster through a soldano astroverb (with a hotmod)through the same rivera cab. it was mic'd with the sennheiser also.

the acoustic guitar is an ovation balladeer through a marshall AS50R sent direct to the board.

all the synth parts were played on the brian moore with a roland GR30 guitar synth through the AS50R.

the bass is an old kramer USA w/EMGs played through an EDEN 2x10 combo, which was DI'd to the board.

the drums are TAMA star classic maple, with a bell brass snare drum. the cymbals are a mix of zildjian and paiste. the drums were mic'd with audix drum mics. the cymbals were mic'd with the nuemann U87i overhead.

the vocals were recorded with a nuemann U87i mic through an avalon tube preamp.

the entire song was recorded and mixed in my home studio.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/eigh...ter/broken.wma
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: can i get your opinion on our new song

sounds great. If you are asking my opinion on the actual song, not my flavor at all But I'm a music snob so.....You get an applaud from me for its purpose though. Great thing to do bro, VERY great thing to do.

Comment

17 seconds in you have an out of tune note....

Normally I wouldnt chastise someones recording, but it should be addressed if it's going to a CD of sorts.

Through my AKG271's, it sounds a little trebly, and lacking bass/impact.

IT's good work, but I would fix that note, and possibly do a little mastering on it! (less treble, more bass)

Good luck its a good song!

Comment

okay, i changed the bum note, and remixed it. any new opinions would be appreciated. thanks guys!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

didnt sound bad at all-i would add a happy sounding(and feeling)chorus to it!very bleak sounding at the moment and its just asking for a major key change chorus after your 2nd broken section with uplifting words!

Comment

Working...
          X