Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single off a release from 91

Hey Guys,
    Thought you may enjoy this. An album I recorded in 91 was just picked up by an indi label and is now being distributed through Europe. Here is a link to one of the first singles released off of it. I did all the recording on my old 81 Charvel. The CD will available on the net in the near future.

http://www.pickledbeast.com/pmm/midn...rendezvous.mp3

Enjoy, And break out the hairspray...

Mike
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Re: Single off a release from 91

Oh yeah,
    If anyone speaks German, We got our first review from Germany I think. HAHAHAHA

http://www.sacredmetal.de/index.php?...miensteele2005

Where were these fools when I recorded this album 15 years ago?

Mike

Comment

Sounds good bro! Do you remember what you used for the guitar tones?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Thanks Robo,
        I was playing through an old Laney and used a small MXR eq and distortion +. There was some more done in the mix I think.

Mike

Comment

Sounds like a hot rodded motley crueish.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Haha, that's great! How did this label find out about the old recording?

Comment

Here a google translation:

November 2005. Outside it and I pour pity the post office official that its bicycle at the eckhaus of the road turn off around packages and envelopes if possible drying to deliver. The envelope which I on this gloomy autumn day from it receive has ' Erie, Pennsylvania, the USA ' and a sticker drauf: ' Metal RH-issue OF the year? Decide for yourself! Damien Steele - The bridge between Queensryche and Fates warning '. Oha. Envelope opened, CD pushed in the Player and hoppla: there the metallic summer is! The obskure 5-Track-Demo from 1990 the US volumes Damien Steele contains these CD, as well as four further Songs for many years in any studios vergammelten and without the work progressive Music of the management label boss and casually De Main-Gitarristen would have probably never moved the Chris Rodler to the daylight. The style of the fuenfers from Erie, Pennsylvania can be described exactly: melody-stressed US power with progressive elements. Jawohl, people, once more opened the treasure chest US of the Metal and gives a fine piece of archives. Also today those still sees its music somewhere settled to volume between old Queensryche and Fates warning of the early Alder era. That fits already. US Metal connoisseur however with the that CD will hear also a in music striking similarity with the first z-plumb bob-z-Eigenpressung or early Mystic Force to determine and, Damien Steele is owing to, this release among the raised circle of verblichener Undergroundheroen such as Apollo RA, Screamer and Sacred Warrior to later rank to have. With the today's Progmetal these older photographs of Damien Steele have hardly something in common: one should actually use CD for the compositions on that instead of ' progressively ' the word ' imaginatively ', because rather the core of the thing meets this. Clear Songstrukturen with mad Hooklines, each quantity of Spielereien and atmosphere was the Métier of Marks of Hopkins (singing), Paul Staub (bass) Ben Tomlin (Drums), Steve Matusik and Mike Learn (guitar). One hears the aileron/cL.g. influences already clearly from the grandiosen Opener ' I to doorway ' raus: a mystisch angehauchte Hymne with ingenious Refrain, mad guitar harmonies (this beginning!) and songdienlichem Powerdrumming of the finest. Easy Hopkins in the high Tate Tonlagen, erwuergt never the melody of a strophe, acts not times in the risk Refrain of ' on the crest OF A dune ', to a sluggish Midtempo Banger. It becomes however better with ' Wasteland ' (supermelodisches Doppellead Anfangsriff à la Crimson Glory's ' Azrael ') and the outstanding ' Life after life ' still. Like Matusik and Learn here interactions, would have to shift each Melodiefanatiker in Extase - its Hooklines, Filigran Leads and precise Soli can with the great moments of Wilton/DeGarmo, Matheos/Aresti and Hull/Cook (Lethal) keep up. Particularly the intensive ' Life after life ' is pure a prime example for metallic magic, where also Drummer Ben Tomlin again and again varies sent the speed and sets with purposeful Fills its accents. In, something into the length pulled ' Shadow OF semi balladesken our time ' gives it, as also in some other Song to discover sophisticated singing harmonies. To mention would be also for demo conditions gutklassige the production and the clean Mixing of Keith Veshecco and that volume - one knew to sound hair exact like this Songs had. The whole sprays an atmosphere those today's clinical productions unfortunately so often completely goes off, above all if ' technical ' volume is to works. The four bonus TRACKS are not at all remaining material, although one read with ' The time (I sleep with you) ' and ' Midnight rendezvous ' the ' easier ' side that suggested in the Songtitel volume to hear gets. If however a Melodic Metal composition comes along as liquid as here ' The read time ', it will give probably hardly Gemecker. That Saenger/Texter Hopkins - at the DS time straight times 18 years young - stood later still another one while with for Florida niches a Glamkapelle behind the micro, one can quite introduce oneself particularly after the party Metal number ' Midnight rendezvous ' falling completely from the stylistic framework. ' The more whisper ' and ' Dawn ' strike fortunately stylistic into exactly the same notch as the five Demosongs. Already the carried ' Dawn ' surprises with a straight-line transparency and a compelling melody. Here one hears the Rush affected play way out the Matusik later for Andeavour will already use, but the first half minute reminds totally of Fates warning of the Parallels phase. With the dramatic ' The more whisper ' one places immediately firmly that it no Aileron Cover is, but that the number sounds itself nevertheless from the front to in the back after The Ryche during rises up for order. Because of the brilliantly inserted guitar-solo in the center and Hopkins of ' excellent Tate Pastiche one must have absolutely heard this bonus TRACK. In the simple however clearly designten Booklet texts and volume history are again and out to the latters are to be taken that again guitarist Steve Matusik (involved with Chris Rodler in progressive projects such as Andeavour and Mythologic) co-operates with singer Hopkins. Since Matusik never stopped melodische and progressive music and be heard now and then on CD is to play, one may be strained. This PMM CD Première, provided with Mike Learns original painting of demo as Covermotiv, gives it in Germany with Else's Metal Mailorder. End the conclusion I would like to still mention that this release is exemplary for it as one again-publishes a forgotten Metalperle on CD. Supported ask such initiatives, so that we do not have to rumplagen ourselves in the coming years still more with Bootlegs and Downloads than it is now already the case. Essential Steele!

Comment

awesome stuff dude!!!
                www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Thanks guys,
                  I appreciate that translation. It makes alot more sense. Sounds like a descent review. HHEHHEHEHE...Brat wurst and Beer is the only German I know. Oh yeah...Volkswagen.

The album had never really gotten out there in 91-92 when it was released. The bass player had an accident that left him paralized. There were too many feelings to go on. PMM picked up the album and digitally remixed and remastered it due to interest out of Europe. Metal still rules over there I guess. So as the years went by, wounds healed except for the bassist's injuries. We hads the chance to do it and all agreed it would be the cool thing to do regardless of outcome. No money out of our pockets was probably the best thing. HEHEHE It is strange after all these years. We are discussing doing a album release party reunion and all getting together. A good friend of the band will be filling in on bass.

Metal never dies....It just gets better on CD.

Mike

Comment

Wow, very cool. I'd love to have a copy of the demo. Will it be available for purchase Mike?
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Wow, very cool. I'd love to have a copy of the demo. Will it be available for purchase Mike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,
                      I will post a link to a place where it can be purchased online. I should have it in the near future.

Mike

Comment

Stuka,
                        Here is a link where the album can be purchased.
                        http://www.pickledbeast.com/pmm/ds_order.htm

Enjoy,
                        Mike

Comment

Done, thanks Mike! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I might have to snag that when I have a few extra bucks! I like what I hear!

Comment

Mike, I like it man. Great playing and the song is really good. It was nice to hear some old school, "my jeans are too tight" vocals - I miss the 80's. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X