X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baritone recording

posted from the GBOM folder:

[ QUOTE ]
    here's a recording i did with a danelectro baritone guitar i had. it had lipstick tube pickups, and was pretty damn cool. i didn't really play it ever, but this was a little thing i recorded with it. it's full of fuckups, but it gives you an idea what you can do with it sonically. there is one little guitar track in there, offering some distorted high end, but that's it.

i decided to name this little tune "walt" because that's what i named the guitar. for some reason, it reminded me of walter matthau. don't ask, i can't explain.

http://www.sullyville.net/music/walt.mp3

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: baritone recording

Sully man, that was friggin cool!. I like the fact that it's a baritone danelectro. When you hear "baritone" you usually think it's going to be some kind of dark/black metal. I think I prefer a baritone to a 7 string.

Nice piece!
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

thanks dude. it's nothin special, but that thing sounded huge, to say the least. amazing what those lipstick tubes can do!
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, I like it too. Really cool feel and the name is awesome. Walt. I like it. Its got a certain something about it that makes you think about it. I have been thinking about it on and off since I listened to it yesterday morning.

Comment

thanks man, that's nice of you to say. i also claim that "walt" is the sound of a big pile of laundry hitting the floor at the bottom of the stairs, but that's another couch trip altogether.

thanks everyone for not picking on the clams; the clean track was recorded as i wrote it.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Now, see, I thought this was humorous. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I really dig the soft nice groove... yay. Very nice.
            Then all of a sudden this HUGE MEGA sound comes blasting at you. Wow!
            This would be great to someone walking nicely along the beach minding their own business when suddenly they get snapped up by King Kong. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
            Baritone guitars are pretty neato.

Comment

I really like it. Very ambient-soundtrackish. That Type O negative superfuzz guitar tone rocks!

Comment

Working...
              X