Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of mp3s, thrash/melodic death

Alright lads.

Heres two mp3s. The first is a little simple tapping riff that Im going to use in my band, we're going to use it in between solos.

Melodic tapping interlude

This second one is a song that the other guitarist in my band and I are working on while I am away from Scotland. Its mainly all my riffs and his ideas (like saying, put a clean intro on it etc). Theres mistakes and its fucking awful quality but thats cos the drums kept doubling up, but still, you can hear whats going on!!! I'd describe it as dark modern thrash. But then again I talk a load of shite!

Dark Modern Thrash

If you get a minute to listen let us know what you think.

Thanks!

James

Re: A couple of mp3s, thrash/melodic death

Hey James..

Melodic tapping interulude ...the open string progression is very Maiden-ish..

I like the light and dark of the "Dark Modern Thrash" ...it puts me in mind of Opeth..early Katatonia..

So Maiden/Opeth...

which is a GOOD thing...because that is fucking TRUE metal..Doomy/Thrash/Metal..equals..

Cool.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Haha thanks man.
      Thats ace you're comparing me to Opeth!!! Thats amazing!!!
      Thanks a lot

James

Comment

You're welcome man.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the interlude, very Maiden. Sounds good.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Thanks. Our band mix up a lot of influences. Doing a demo come February if our bass player ever gets his fucking Rickenbacker from the US.

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              This second one is a song that the other guitarist in my band and I are working on while I am away from Scotland. Its mainly all my riffs and his ideas (like saying, put a clean intro on it etc). Theres mistakes and its fucking awful quality but thats cos the drums kept doubling up, but still, you can hear whats going on!!! I'd describe it as dark modern thrash. But then again I talk a load of shite!

Dark Modern Thrash

If you get a minute to listen let us know what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toe-tappingly doomy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But I don't like that intro heh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah me too..I'm a constant thrashy bastage..but I did like the intro..it give the song dynamics..and I like that.

If it's not dynamice..to me it gets boring.

I hate bands that every song sounds the same..same tempo..same bash beats..blah blah...half way thru an album of that shit..and I heard enough.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey James..

Melodic tapping interulude ...the open string progression is very Maiden-ish..

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yeah, sounds like Back In The Village to me. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Dark Modern Thrash

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Parts of that reminded me of Dark Angel. Remember them?? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Haha wow cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Thanks guys

James

Comment

Sounds like our rhythm guitarist. Not bad man! I likey, likey alot.

Suggestions: buy a pod! Going from the pedal directly to recording is hard on the ears!

Comment

Haha yeah, shite aint it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
                          X