What software for drum tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What software for drum tracks?

OK, I'm tired of programming my ancient Boss DR-660 -- it's a huge pain in the ass, and it really doesn't sound all that great.

So it's time to dive into computer-based drum tracks and I'm looking for opinions. I don't mind shelling out a few $$$ for something good if it will get me a lot more than the freeware stuff out there. So what's your favorite software for producing drum tracks, and why? Thanks!

Re: What software for drum tracks?

since I've been in your position before, there's only one good answer: ACOUSTICA BEATCRAFT

http://www.acoustica.com/

Comment

Yeah, that looks pretty nice. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

beatcraft is the cheapest, the easiest, the best sounding virtual drum machine around. 10 mins into the program, you can have a great sounding drum track. User interface is the easiest by far. Point and click. Adjust a few attributes, save it as .wav or .mp3 and import it into your recording program and jam along. Import drum kit from hell (either version) into it and its all you'll ever need for drums for a fraction of those clunky, hard to navigate, sitting on top of your pc table taking up space, crazy price for what you get, weak ass sounding drum machines. Blows the competition into the dirt, hands down

Convinced yet? Cool..........BUY NOW [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And tell them a million satisfied customers sent ya [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

HeHe the words of wisdom ....

Comment

Or if you want to stay cheap, anvil studio's is okay. That's what I use when I don't want to fuck with my drummer (figuratively speaking, that is).

Comment

I use Acid Pro 5 to create drum tracks. Probably not the cheapest way to go, but I think it's the best.
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Acoustica Beatcraft would be the best thing since sliced bread...

... if it wouldn't break down after a few minutes of use, without any warning or particular reason. The program just disappears from the screen, sooner or later.

I love everything about it except the fact that it doesn't run stable on my comp. If it does on yours, by all means get it!
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I went ahead and got Beatcraft. So far it looks pretty stable. Haven't had a chance to really do much with it though. If I manage to record something with it that doesn't totally suck, I'll post a track here. Thanks for all the feedback!

Comment

Beatcraft is the best hands down. Easiest to use and sounds the best. Ive never had a problem with it crashing or malfunctioning and have sometimes used it hours on end.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I,ve been using Drumsite for quite a while, and I like it. It's easy to use and the drum sounds are real samples.
                      http://www.guitar.sk/drums/drums_main.htm
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Drums for recording: If you have the recommended computer power (2Gb RAM), go for Toontrack's Drumkit From Hell Superior..it is the best out there IMO.

If you have just an "ordinary" computer, I'd say go for Steinberg Groove Agent v2.0
                        It has much much better drums for metal/rock than v.1.0 had...it is what I use now.
                        If you listen to the songs on my site (sig) then you'll hear what the drums from Groove Agent v.1.0 sounds like.

Oh one more thing, it also depends a little on what recording software you use, what will fit easiest/best.

good luck,

- Rune

Comment

Working...
                        X