Getting started recording with Sonar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started recording with Sonar?

Well Forgive me if if this is posted in the wrong area I wasnt sure where to ask recording questions for getting started. But anyways I just got a copy of Sonar and I'm trying to get up and running with it. I have zero experience with recording, this is my 1st attempt.
    I'm running my GT-6 into my PC (soundblaster Audigy 2 card) 1/4" L and R cable to an 1/8" that goes in the line in on the soundcard. So right now I have the guitar sound coming out of the computer speakers but while doing the recording walkthru nothing is getting recorded. So it seems there is an input /output problem somewhere. The settings soundcardwise seem to look ok. It just seems like its more of an configuration problem thru Sonar.
    Any advice would be greatly apprecciated as I'm an Tard when it comes to learning new programs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Getting started recording with Sonar?

I think you should try posting your question at the sonar forum lots of knowlegdable people there

Sonar forum

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Well Forgive me if if this is posted in the wrong area I wasnt sure where to ask recording questions for getting started. But anyways I just got a copy of Sonar and I'm trying to get up and running with it. I have zero experience with recording, this is my 1st attempt.
      I'm running my GT-6 into my PC (soundblaster Audigy 2 card) 1/4" L and R cable to an 1/8" that goes in the line in on the soundcard. So right now I have the guitar sound coming out of the computer speakers but while doing the recording walkthru nothing is getting recorded. So it seems there is an input /output problem somewhere. The settings soundcardwise seem to look ok. It just seems like its more of an configuration problem thru Sonar.
      Any advice would be greatly apprecciated as I'm an Tard when it comes to learning new programs

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look in the MP3 Submission catergory for Newc thumbtacks..............good stuff.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

It sounds like you have the mic muted on the record option on your computer. It's kind of a stab in the dark, but see if this helps you any.

Double click the speaker Icon in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop. I have windows XP, but they should be in a similair position on most desktops. Go to options, and select properties. (pic below)

Select the recording bubble. It will show a list of checked/unchecked items. Items that are checked will show up on the mixer. (This function not to be confused with muting a line or channel!) Make sure that microphone (or whichever channel you're going into on the back of your computer) is checked. Click OK, and that will show the recording (input) mixer. If Microphone is checked, it is muted. (pic below)

Hope that helps! Sorry for the grotesquly large pics.

Comment

Thank you soo much Metallicarocks. I have just checked my settings thru "Creative labs volume control" which is basically the same thing you were showing in the your pics.
          I noticed the recording slider has different settings and it was currently set to microphone. So I changed it over to "analog mix (line/cd/aux/TAD/PC)" and that seemed to do the trick.

but durnit the weekend is over and I'll have to start messing around with recording after the work day tomorrow. But atleast I know it works now. Thanx again

Comment

No prob. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X