Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pod XT + Bad Monkey pedal=craptacular VH Video :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod XT + Bad Monkey pedal=craptacular VH Video :)

www.members.cox.net/okstrat/PeteRuption.wmv

Just dicking around, talked to guys in the band and they thought playing eruption into you really got me would be cool at the gig friday. I haven't really messed with that song for a LONG time (haven't heard it even longer) and it shows, I just kinda did my thing. First take and all that too. Bring your appetite, it's a clambake! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It is NOT note for note, if you expect that or comment on that then get bent. I just hit the high points, so to speak. Besides, I had to simplify it a bit if I'm going to be able to have a few adult beverages while I play friday! later on I'll firm it up a bit I guess... but so far so good.

I'm really digging hitting the Pod's front end with a little Bad Monkey action, it's a great piece of gear, especially for the price. I'd take one over an unmodded tube screamer or Boss super overdrive in a heartbeat. Thanks again to fritz for the pedal!

Pete

Re: Pod XT + Bad Monkey pedal=craptacular VH Video

If I kill you, will I gain your powers?

Comment

Kicked ass, as usual! Great job.

Comment

pretty cool man. The tone rocks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If I kill you, will I gain your powers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever powers I do or don't have I would gladly surrender at knife or gunpoint. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Or if someone pointed a Vinnie Vincent Vee at me...

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Nice tone Pete. So.. tell me about this Bad Monkey pedal.
              Nice special effects on your video. It reminded me a little of Dance Fever. You should get the Dance Fever dancers to appear in your next video. That would be cool.

Comment

John - yeah, I was screwing around with the effects. Since I don't do anything interesting on video, thought I'd spice it up with some production values. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bad monkey is an overdrive with a seperate bass and treble control instead of a treble cut like most pedals. It also is useful as a boost *and* as a low to medium distortion boost. I think it's pretty dang good. I liked my fulldrive II better, but it sold for several times the price.

Pete

Comment

Pretty kick ass!!

I like the color change on the tapping part!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Great stuff Pete!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Hear the universe scream
                      Bleeding from black holes
                      Whom horns careless
                      And whom God mourns

Comment

I haven't heard it (or played it) in a long while so I can't really identify any mistakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sounds kickass to me, greatjob.

Brings back flashbacks of playing that in cover bands in the early 80's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

How did you learn that? I've tried doing it by ear, but I'm not quite there yet. I've sat down with tabs and shit, but that gets really boring really fast.

Great job! Pretty close to the original. Go back and listen to it and you'll hear a few spots that you'd played slightly different. Great nonetheless though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Great job! Pretty close to the original. Go back and listen to it and you'll hear a few spots that you'd played slightly different. Great nonetheless though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to do it note for note, and specifically mentioned it. Wow.

Comment

I thought it was great! Nice job.

You know how it is in bars anyway... People are not sitting there saying "Wait a second... he used Mixolydian... Eddie used straight Pentatonic there"... they are going to be getting loaded freaking out about the guitar player that is up there shredding away.

There only time you need to worry about hitting every note perfectly is when you post stuff solely for the entertainment of the guitar weenie internet message board community [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Someone always has something to say... They always play it better than that while they are sitting in their bedroom [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

***Disclaimer*** I'm not pointing those comments at anyone particular. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X